Drooping Interior HVAC Vents (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

How in the heck do you get to the pivots? Do I have to take the dash apart to do it?

How in the heck do you get to the pivots? Do I have to take the dash apart to do it?
It looks like there are just some clips that hold them in from what I can tell in the fsm. Hopefully someone who has replaced them will chime in.

Yes they click on.
They're held in place by the pivot pibs which are in a flexible (sort of) tab. The push in from the front, then the pins click into place.
To remove them, you can slide a tool in between the vent and the surround, then lever the tab and pin out slightly. A thin hook tool can work, and twist to push the tab out.

You need to do both sides of each vent so you don't bend the tabs too far

Pry too much and the tabs will crack off

Redneck hack:

Peel some of that booger like glue that comes off and stays soft that you get sealing some folded junk mail. Ball it up and use a business card or "rewards" card to insert it in the crack between the vent and housing. It will hold it in place however not perfect as it has some memory and you may have to move it around a bit to get it to stay where you want it. If you're looking for something cheap and easy or temporary it works.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom