Driver side front quarter panel gap (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Bloomer

SILVER Star
Threads
Just past the middle of nowhere in South Texas
I’ve seen this on a few 40’s and don’t remember mine being like this before I had it on a lift. There is (now) a gap between the front quarter panel and tub sections of the body on driver (left) side. The fit is much better on the passenger side. Is something out of alignment or is this normal?

Did try search but could not find anything. Sorry if it’s been covered and I missed it.

Driver side
75A15A9A-432C-4872-94D8-742F26BE73CC.jpeg

Passenger side
A5F834E6-6029-4A68-B898-D6E9D172C11B.jpeg

How’d they lift it? Hopefully on frame. What do your body mounts look like?

How’d they lift it? Hopefully on frame. What do your body mounts look like?
Frame lift. I noticed the gap when on the lift so checked that. It seems I’ve seen some others with this gap so wondering if mine has always been like this and I just never noticed.

Last edited:
I have a 75 and both of mine are about between what both of yours are showing, both sides even though.

But the top of mine is aligned where yours looks like it isn't? Like if you're looking straight down from the top. Also yours looks raised up on the one side

I have a 75 and both of mine are about between what both of yours are showing, both sides even though.

But the top of mine is aligned where yours looks like it isn't? Like if you're looking straight down from the top. Also yours looks raised up on the one side
Thanks for the feedback. Mine is pretty well aligned. May have been the angle at which I took the pic that made it look otherwise... It still seems odd there would be this much of a gap. I’ll have to see if I can find any older pics to compare.

12F4AC58-6570-40CB-B1A9-22AA0C791C9E.jpeg

I had a friend who had this issue and it was discovered the fender itself was distorted where it bolts to the frame. Appeared a lot of weight was on the fender at one time.

There’s a decent amount of movement that can occur in the tub mounts. You could probably loosen them up and try shifting the tub around to even things up. Fenders dont have much front to back adjustment, only up/down.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom