drive shaft nuts and bolts (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Mark W - what year mini driveline ? that shares a u-joint with fj40 1970 ? I have ground the stock flanges and never had a problem but going to longer leafs, more travel, need more drop out potential, the mini yoke might get it done.

Mark W - what year mini driveline ? that shares a u-joint with fj40 1970 ? I have ground the stock flanges and never had a problem but going to longer leafs, more travel, need more drop out potential, the mini yoke might get it done.
John

I wouldn’t assume it’s a Toyota mini. Tom Woods has an affinity for Dana Spicer. I have a Spicer shaft of theirs on the rear of the 45 and the front of Ruftoys.

Mark, go sit down and rest. He stated it used same u-joint and it is Mark W, anything else point towards Toyota ???? And I am not aware of anything that uses the same u-joint as LC (early as noted) thats is why I made an educated guess, along with the fact that the term "mini" is and has been associated with the Toyota pick up and other than a mini-cooper or a minnie winne I am pretty, pretty, pretty, pretty sure it was/is a Toyota pick up he referenced.

I ended up getting a shaft from Adams Driveshaft in Nevada. It's who Man-a-Fre uses. They used a 69-73 Toyota [round] flange with a 10 count spline and 10mm bolts, and Spicer u-joints. I am quite happy with the unit. Took out the vibes I was having and she runs pretty smooth now. Evidently covid has affected supplies on u-joints, so not all options are available at present. Thanks for everyone's opinions.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom