double flare tool (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
i bought this double flare tool adn it is crap. just curious where i can get one that is a little more professional. the one i have has a hard time with 3/16 let alone anything larger

I have two blue-point kits, sold by snap on, made by someone else.

Has worked great for me for years. Others have used my tools, and broken the little tit off on the 3/16 size double flare piece, I presume from operator error, even after extensive demonstration, oh well.

There is a knack to making proper flares on brake lines, and using the tool. Keeping the tube tight in the holder is one of the biggest problems. Next is the height of tube to be flared, as if there is too much tube above the holding tool, the tube will not crush and be supported properly, and be damaged, and then getting it flared square.

Practice, practice, practice. Sounds pathetic, but it is the truth.

Good luck!

-Steve

i have a mac double flare that works pretty good.
pay close attention to Steve, he speaks the truth about the how-to's

My craftsman flare has always worked very well. It is the Professional series with Lifetime warranty.

I think the biggest thing with brake tube is that all tube is NOT created equal. Most the tube you get that alread has the ends flared on it is made from a harder steel than others. If you get some of the brake tube that is in a roll and not already flared it is a little softer and easier to flare.

Chris

yeah, i was looking for the craftsman tool but i could not locate it so i went to playschool autoparts (advance) and bought their brand. Wow what a turd. ANyway, i used a good tool one time a couple of years ago and it worked like butter and for the life of me i cant remember what the hell brand it was. may have been the one you mentioned steve.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom