Door weather stripping (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Romer

fatherofdaughterofromer
Threads
I've been told that the non-OEM sucks and to spend the extra on the OEM. I'll be re-stripping my doors this spring after the repaint so I'll be able to check out the OEM out then. I think the CCOT stuff was what I was warned about.

The ones they sell is not OEM but they're "OEM style" meaning it was molded with a corner. The cheaper one seems to have a V cut in it to allow the rubber to make the 90 degree bend on top. The new OEM ones should be around $55 each at the dealer.

The el-cheapo (me) option is using front door weatherstripping from the mid-80's Toyota van (Type F) from the junkyard. The rubber quality is so good, most of the ones I find at Pick-N-Pull were still very supple and not cracked at all. The 90 degree corner is there and the excess length can be cut off at the bottom of the door. It cost me $10 for both sides.

Dave

Get OEM from the dealer or someone who sells OEM, not like OEM, its worth the extra bucks IMOP.

Having thrown out near OEM (Ok, I still have it somewhere), because I don't like leaks in Winter or in Rain, I must say I heartily agree with John H. OEM is worth the difference. If you don't care about leaks, use some 2 dollar weatherstrip from the hardware store.

Thanks- Sounds like OEM it is.

I either go OEM with w/s or go really cheap home depot stuff.
I'm on a budget right now so I can hopefully get an air locker, so Home Depot shiz it is.
Its really not that bad, all it needs is better glue.

I just installed cool cruisers thick weatherstriping on my 2 year resto project, awsome, way thicker than stock oem stuff, so far I have used oem on every part, emblems, lights, mirrors, you name it, this after market stuff is just plain JUNK!!!!!!!!!!!!
But this weather stripping is great stuff, went and drove yesterday, NO leaks even with a soft top.

Sethro

Way thick was my problem! It wouldn't compress properly, so it held the door open in places. Glad it worked for you.

I have CCOT weatherstripping on My front and rear doors. The fronts work fine, but the rears are too thick. I had to remove the lower amby door stripping just to get them to close properly until I can replace them with OEM stuff. The stripping also comes pre-made to length, and I found that they were all too long and Had to be cut and re-sealed at the seam on all the doors.. they are not a direct fit, so be prepared for a little modding on the CCOT stuff.

Mike

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom