Door ajar light won’t turn off?!? (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hello, my door ajar light won’t turn off and I’m traveling on I40 towards Nashville. It just went on. I stopped and checked all the door sensors and it still doesn’t turn off. I’m worried it’ll kill the battery overnight so plan on disconnecting the battery at night till I can find the issue. Any input to what would be appreciated. Like I said. I’m traveling and can’t search the forums since it’s me and my dog right now. I can check this evening TIA

Hello, my door ajar light won’t turn off and I’m traveling on I40 towards Nashville. It just went on. I stopped and checked all the door sensors and it still doesn’t turn off. I’m worried it’ll kill the battery overnight so plan on disconnecting the battery at night till I can find the issue. Any input to what would be appreciated. Like I said. I’m traveling and can’t search the forums since it’s me and my dog right now. I can check this evening TIA
Are your dome lights on? Which dome lights?

Back hatch can cause the light as well.

Before you adjust anything you can always push the plunger in by hand to make sure it’s working…
START here. Mine self destructed a few years ago and new switches were the fix. But the door latches do go out of adjustment.

Checked the area where the plunger contacts the door for dents. It can happen when people close the door on the seat belt buckle. The fix is to get the dent repaired or tape a dime as mentioned earlier.

Late to the answers. For whatever reason after I dropped my wife and daughter off at the airport when I got back in the car the lights went off!?! Been fine ever since. Weird, but I’m thankful. Good grief. I was checking all the switches with nothing then bam! Fixed by itself. Who knows.🤷‍♂️

Late to the answers. For whatever reason after I dropped my wife and daughter off at the airport when I got back in the car the lights went off!?! Been fine ever since. Weird, but I’m thankful. Good grief. I was checking all the switches with nothing then bam! Fixed by itself. Who knows.🤷‍♂️
Self-repairing!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom