Right Blinker Turns Off Headlight? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I was driving this morning and noticed that every time I turned on my right blinker, my headlights would go out. In addition, I can’t turn off my high beams. I can cycle the control between low and high beams, but there’s no change and the high beam indicator remains lit in both settings. This Cruiser is relatively new to me. I’ve had it about a month or so, but this is the first time I’ve experienced this issue with the vehicle. Has anyone else had this happen? If so, how did you fix it?

No dice from me but I do have the no tail lights break lights reverse light one side works one doesn’t hey my headlights works but nothing else syndrome. Regardless I’d try the headlight fuse and maybe walk down the list. I’ve got a problem with my tail light converter which doesn’t allow blinkers/ most lights to work. I’d work down the list of fuses.. yea they are a little expensive to replace but it could solve your issue and you’d have some PM done at the same time. I pulled my tail light relay and now the dash lights don’t work like they did. Moral of my long rambling is some fuses seem to tie into different aspects of the electrical wiring and that would be the easiest route to start with im sure someone else on here has far more knowledge than me hopefully the rig being new to you that the PO didn’t do some funky wiring trick

I was driving this morning and noticed that every time I turned on my right blinker, my headlights would go out. In addition, I can’t turn off my high beams. I can cycle the control between low and high beams, but there’s no change and the high beam indicator remains lit in both settings. This Cruiser is relatively new to me. I’ve had it about a month or so, but this is the first time I’ve experienced this issue with the vehicle. Has anyone else had this happen? If so, how did you fix it?
The first place I'd look is the clock spring, under the steering wheel. That contact set gets funky and needs to be cleaned. Try DeOxit.

If that doesn't work, you need to go through the troubleshooting poroceude for the multifunction switch (the blinker lever and headlight switch). The procedure is in the FSM. Download a copy for your year model, if you don't already have one, form the 80 series section of the Resources Forum. Get the EWD while you're there.

Following however couldnt resist the below

just dont use blinkers and blind everyone with high beams - just like drivers of new cars with LED headlights and optional blinkers :)

No dice from me but I do have the no tail lights break lights reverse light one side works one doesn’t hey my headlights works but nothing else syndrome. Regardless I’d try the headlight fuse and maybe walk down the list. I’ve got a problem with my tail light converter which doesn’t allow blinkers/ most lights to work. I’d work down the list of fuses.. yea they are a little expensive to replace but it could solve your issue and you’d have some PM done at the same time. I pulled my tail light relay and now the dash lights don’t work like they did. Moral of my long rambling is some fuses seem to tie into different aspects of the electrical wiring and that would be the easiest route to start with im sure someone else on here has far more knowledge than me hopefully the rig being new to you that the PO didn’t do some funky wiring trick
Is there a chance that the PO installed a Slee headlight harness for brighter headlights? There has been some failures with those over time.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom