Dogs of MUD! (6 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

IMG_20190819_192046515_HDR.jpg

Pretty singular focus.

Yes, sorry missed this post.

We ran errands over the weekend. 18 weeks, 56lbs.

63b3aa68-8d1c-4583-9d24-9006668c3ffa-jpeg.2077178

Beautiful pup - going to be a big boy...my Newfie was around 50lbs at 17 weeks as well. As hard as they are to manage, I LOVE giant breeds!!!

Beautiful pup - going to be a big boy...my Newfie was around 50lbs at 17 weeks as well. As hard as they are to manage, I LOVE giant breeds!!!

Thanks! Thats cool, we have always like newfies as well. Yeah, it will be a learning experience for sure, but so far he's been a fantastic pup, and the biggest people person around. Lazy as all get out which is good!

Yes, sorry missed this post.

We ran errands over the weekend. 18 weeks, 56lbs.

63b3aa68-8d1c-4583-9d24-9006668c3ffa-jpeg.2077178

is that one of the harnesses that clips in front to prevent pulling? if so is it working for you?

is that one of the harnesses that clips in front to prevent pulling? if so is it working for you?

This one clips in 2 places. It's called the PetSafe Easy Walker.

https://www.chewy.com/petsafe-easy-...MI78iOgajE5AIVFLbICh3diAmuEAQYASABEgJqEfD_BwE

They have a "deluxe" version but we got the one above just to see if it works. It works really good on him. We were trying the Gentle Leader but he hated that and wouldn't walk and would just lay down and try pulling it off. The Gentle Leader worked great for my lab years ago.

So far he doesn't really pull on it, and when he starts to it keeps him from pulling, however when he's pushing 180lbs, I'm not sure that any harness will stop him if he really wants to go. This one tightens up on the front a little when he tries to go ahead which is what I think is supposed to make them quit pulling. He pulls with just a collar, but you put this on and he walks fine and mellows out, only pulls a little if someone comes up to try to pet him. So far really happy with it. Hopefully he'll keep being good and with our training we won't have to worry about a large dog pulling me around like a rag-doll. He is already strong. 🤣

This one clips in 2 places. It's called the PetSafe Easy Walker.

https://www.chewy.com/petsafe-easy-...MI78iOgajE5AIVFLbICh3diAmuEAQYASABEgJqEfD_BwE

They have a "deluxe" version but we got the one above just to see if it works. It works really good on him. We were trying the Gentle Leader but he hated that and wouldn't walk and would just lay down and try pulling it off. The Gentle Leader worked great for my lab years ago.

So far he doesn't really pull on it, and when he starts to it keeps him from pulling, however when he's pushing 180lbs, I'm not sure that any harness will stop him if he really wants to go. This one tightens up on the front a little when he tries to go ahead which is what I think is supposed to make them quit pulling. He pulls with just a collar, but you put this on and he walks fine and mellows out, only pulls a little if someone comes up to try to pet him. So far really happy with it. Hopefully he'll keep being good and with our training we won't have to worry about a large dog pulling me around like a rag-doll. He is already strong. 🤣

Yeah I think that's the one I saw where if they pull it tends to turn them around so they are facing you. Hence the disincentive to pull. Luckily for me my dogs top out at 20lbs or less so I don't have to worry like you do about getting dragged down the street after a squirrel o_O
Even with little dogs though anything that helps reduce them pulling and trachea pressure is worth a try. My little guy had many behavior issues so he is well (and expensively) trained, however the :princess: won't let me use the same techniques on her "baby" so she tends to pull alot when really excited, which is every day a sprinkler somewhere in the world is activated

Yeah I think that's the one I saw where if they pull it tends to turn them around so they are facing you. Hence the disincentive to pull. Luckily for me my dogs top out at 20lbs or less so I don't have to worry like you do about getting dragged down the street after a squirrel o_O
Even with little dogs though anything that helps reduce them pulling and trachea pressure is worth a try. My little guy had many behavior issues so he is well (and expensively) trained, however the :princess: won't let me use the same techniques on her "baby" so she tends to pull alot when really excited, which is every day a sprinkler somewhere in the world is activated

Yep it would work great for that. Those little ones seem to be the feistiest. Finn so far doesn’t pull and I hope that continues! He acts slow and lazy but has bolted once off the leash and is pretty damn fast.
I don’t like the choking and trachea injuries either.

Lol about the sprinkler. :rofl:

Proof that her suffering is real. Lela passed away today because she wasn't allowed to eat the human food.

71828252_10218481061452273_8547269722616365056_n.jpg

Well, she didn't "actually" die; but she tried her best to convince us that if not allowed to be fed from the table, she probably would.

Luckily, a walk and some tug of war revived her and she's doing much better now.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom