Builds Doc's 1978 FJ40 Rebuild (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Very cool to hear from you, and great update. Always nice when folks who step away drop in from time to time.

Thought it was about time I get back here and refreshed my Silver Star.

No real excitement to report during the past many months. Work has been busy and requires more of a commitment from me as of late. I did have the 40 out and about a number of times around home. . . not as much as I would have liked but I'd probably say that if it was my daily driver.

One of these days I might take on finishing the hardtop, but I've really been enjoying the open air. I'm either all enclosed or too lazy to pull the tops off my other vehicles so the 40 is my go to when I need to feel the wind in my hair.

I suppose that is one difference one might notice if you see me cruising about. . . I have not had a haircut in quite awhile! :)

Blue earlier this year getting a prime spot for the downtown car show:

5J5A8372.JPG

Knew I was missing someone’s posts……. Welcome back!
:cheers:

Good to hear your doing well. We need to get a 40 get together at the next summit racing cars and coffee. Jdc1 has been busy working on several members 40s and the numbers would surprise everyone at how many are now in NE Ohio

But we have to wait now for the salt to stop

But we have to wait now for the salt to stop
We had a nice, warm near 70 degree Sunday. It rained Saturday night (and hopefully washed some of the salt away) so I took the opportunity to get some driving in. . . just for fun. Seventy degrees feels like 90 when you've been in the 20s/30s for a couple months!

The 40 also received a bath as I neglected to cover it this time around. My apologies to the purists for that other vehicle being in the picture. :)

IMG_9391.JPG

We had a nice, warm near 70 degree Sunday. It rained Saturday night (and hopefully washed some of the salt away) so I took the opportunity to get some driving in. . . just for fun. Seventy degrees feels like 90 when you've been in the 20s/30s for a couple months!

The 40 also received a bath as I neglected to cover it this time around. My apologies to the purists for that other vehicle being in the picture. :)

View attachment 2945660
The Jeep is a perfect sacrifice to the brine lords. Good to see you around Dave.

View attachment 2945660

I don't even see any other vehicle. Only an FJ40. ;)

good afternoon and Happy New Year.
I have been going through a 1978 as well. Do you have any details on the separation of the transmission and transfer case. Thank you

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom