Distributor with vents? more waterproofing wanted (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

yes, basically if you're completely submerged, the little float inside will float up and close the hole. When not submerged air is free to pass back and forth. This way you could completely seal the distributor. I suppose you could also just run a line to somewhere higher up.

Yeah, i need to think about what to do with the other end of the hose to make it better, Mark has given me some pointers. Here is how i connected it to the dizzy if anyone is interested

8F58D4FD-B788-4168-B3B8-0ED8D06211D5.jpeg

I used a distributor boot on my old Scout and my F-250. Keeping the water splash off reduced water issues to almost nothing .
1581706451427.png

Thought about making something similar out of thick rubber gloves! Would have been an easy solution

Fords in the 80's used these there is a V-8 and a 6 cylinder version from both trucks and cars . A lot got taken off and not put back.

Just a word of warning for those thinking about doing mods to their Distributor, if you damage it, and need a replacement, you could be out of luck getting that replacement from Toyota. I could be wrong, but i seem to remember Mud's resident parts expert, Beno, stated that the factory distributor is now NLA from Toyota.

I forget who but someone not too long ago found an aftermarket distributor for $70 on Fleabay and apparently it's working OK so far. He also may have swapped the pick-ups (electronic bits) from the old dizzy over to the aftermarket part. FWIW.

Good to know, hopefully the aftermarket works OK, otherwise more and more people may have a problem, especially as these things are prone to leaking internally. My original leaked internally, it was around 22 years old though and there is no simple repair.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom