91 FJ80 Distributor Cap Vent Hoses Connections? (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Can someone tell me where to connect the vent hoses coming off the distributor cap? I do not see the distributor on the vacuum diagram on the hood. I also discovered that my vacuum lines were not connected correctly from the previous owner and boy did that make a difference in the idle!

IMG_0075.jpeg

Can someone tell me where to connect the vent hoses coming off the distributor cap? I do not see the distributor on the vacuum diagram on the hood. I also discovered that my vacuum lines were not connected correctly from the previous owner and boy did that make a difference in the idle!
The wider port on the cap is fed from a port on the firewall (fresh air in).
The narrower port runs back to the intake which supplies vacuum.

The wider port on the cap is fed from a port on the firewall (fresh air in).
The narrower port runs back to the intake which supplies vacuum.
Then mine are not connected correctly. You wouldn't happen to have a picture of those locations would you? My wider port is connected to the side of the air intake.
IMG_0079.jpeg

and the smaller port is connected to this thingy on the side of the air intake down lower.
IMG_0080.jpeg

The engine seems to run fine but I would like to correct all this stuff. Thanks for your help as always @jonheld!

Then mine are not connected correctly. You wouldn't happen to have a picture of those locations would you? My wider port is connected to the side of the air intake.
and the smaller port is connected to this thingy on the side of the air intake down lower.
The engine seems to run fine but I would like to correct all this stuff. Thanks for your help as always @jonheld!
That's probably because the wrong size hoses were used. Frankly it won't matter which port on the dissy cap is fresh air from the cabin and which is the intake vacuum port. All it's doing is running fresh air through the cap to avoid condensation. You should see a hard line coming out of the firewall, and I'd bet there's no hose on it. Personally, I would make it right, but these vent hoses should not effect idle or anything as far as the engine is concerned. That vacuum line on the intake is essentially open to the atmosphere.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom