Dissent New Rear Bumper Email (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hi Everyone,

I have been in queue to receive a new front and rear bumper from Dissent since March 31st (date of order).

I received an email today stating that I need to select an option for my new rear bumper as they have developed a new version (Version 3). Looks great, excited for the updated bumper design. What I am not thrilled about is the fact that the original rear bumper that I ordered included reverse lights on it. With version 3, Dissent is now requesting another $150 for the reverse lights.

What does mud think, should I be bummed out that to receive a feature I thought was included on my bumper I now need to pony up another $150? I understand that it is better reverse light with the update, but I've already been out $5800 since March 31st and now need to spend more to receive a feature that I thought was already included? It just feels wrong to me .. I'll probably end up doing it, just rubbing me the wrong way.

Email Verbiage:
email verbiage.png

Original Bumper:
OG Bumper with rear lights.png

New Bumper (this shows combo lights, which are available for $250, but standard reverse are available for $150:
New Bumper with rear lights (combo).png

I am sure I am not the only one in this situation, what are the rest of mudders doing? Interested to hear if anyone is going their own route to source rear lights or springing for the ultra-high clearance hitch receiver.

$5800 for a bumper?? What's another $150, moneybags.

Edit: imo dissent shouldn't degrade their product functionality due to 'design revisions'

$5800 for front and rear + accessories. Don’t get me wrong, I understand I’m paying an excessive amount of money for a premium product, just a salty taste ya know?

Was expecting a message along the lines of “for your advance funding and patience during redevelopment/redesign we’ll throw in upgraded reverse lights“ in the name of good customer service, but I expect too much.

I’m pretty stoked to finally be receiving it. I still need to get it powder coated locally as well .. oomph.
$5800 for a bumper?? What's another $150, moneybags.

Edit: imo dissent shouldn't degrade their product functionality due to 'design revisions'

Last edited:
Why not email them and let them know what you expect based on your deposit and lead time?

I have, this post was made following the conversation, which I was treated very respectfully and it was good dialogue.

Created this to share my experience with the community and to receive feedback from the community about what other mud members are doing.

I have a rear dissent aluminum bumper. (full disclosure, I won it at HIH, but would have bought it over the other options).

The old rear LED reverse lights were $20 amazon specials. They work fine, but nothing to worry about. I'd get the combo lights, or take the blank out plates and add a cube flood light in the side without a swingout.

Step up and buy the lights… obviously they felt the need to upgrade the lights which probably provide greater output and in my opinion look better.
I agree, I’m going to grab them.

Filip said same thing about the performance of the original lights and these are an upgrade at the cost price (less than retail).

He sold me on it.

Got the email today. Went with the combo lights. Obviously not great having to spend another $200 but I’ll survive. Did you go with the hitch or are you going to try out the high clearance hitch option? While that definitely sounds cool I’m not quite ready to cut off my crossmember.

Got the email today. Went with the combo lights. Obviously not great having to spend another $200 but I’ll survive. Did you go with the hitch or are you going to try out the high clearance hitch option? While that definitely sounds cool I’m not quite ready to cut off my crossmember.

I am going to just buck up for the "ultra high clearance" as I went through that installation process on my FJ62 with 4x4 Labs bumper.

Emailing with Filip, he said the instructions are pretty straight forward on where to cut to make it a clean install. I have an angle grinder and Por-15 ready to go anyways from my FJ62 install.

Why not email them and let them know what you expect based on your deposit and lead time?

Holy effing 100 series build. Just cruised through your Lex build. Bravo!

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom