Dissent LC100 Project Vehicle w/ revised roof rack and new swing out option (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

kem

Threads
Website
www.dissentoffroad.com
Did ya'll hear? Our LC100 roof rack is back and better than ever. We've beefed up the material on the side skirts and eliminated a bunch of brackets that will simplify the install process. We're also rolling out new load bars that have a track system allowing you to through-bolt accessories without having to fish a nut under the load bar. I'll post more details on that system shortly, but for now here are some lovely pics of our cruiser. Loving how the new wheels look from Alphaequipt (no spacers required!), it really sets this rig apart.

We've always had people asking if we make a ladder swing out, well we do now and damn does it look good. How do you think our build is shaping up?

lc100-snow-rear01.jpg

lc100-snow-epic01.jpg

lc100-snow-front02.jpg

lc100-snow-epic02.jpg

lc100-snow-rear02.jpg

I like this for all the reasons!!

Awesome that Dissent is still bringing new developments to the 100. Love to see the best pushing to be even better.

My LX still needs a rack. Anxious to see some up close shots of this new hotness.

Pizza cutters 😍

I like this for all the reasons!!

Awesome that Dissent is still bringing new developments to the 100. Love to see the best pushing to be even better.

My LX still needs a rack. Anxious to see some up close shots of this new hotness.

I have one coming, I’ll bring my truck up to the shop soon!

Can someone explain what advantages and utility this rack offers over the stock cross bars?

Last edited:
Can someone explain what advantages and utility this rack offers over the stock roof rack?

Most of us didn't have stock roof rack, we had stock cross bars. Let's say I needed to attach a few storage boxes on my roof. There was no way to do that with the stock set up.

1675827419941.png

Sorry I meant to say cross bars, I edited my reply. So just more flat surface area then? And it also looks way cooler ;)

so excited to get my roof rack, have a few stedi lights waiting to be thrown on as camping lights.

Sorry I meant to say cross bars, I edited my reply. So just more flat surface area then? And it also looks way cooler ;)

Definitely only upgrade if you need it, and you'll know if need it. When my cargo area could no longer hold all my cargo, that was my sign. Now the roof rack is full, the cargo area is full, and the swing outs are full. Camping/Overlanding with 2 girls and a dog will do that.

Please bring these rear window panels to market!
I want to mount my planar diesel heater on the passenger side.

5448BFEB-9BF5-4FB7-A1FA-1885E307A5EC.png

6CD32903-9B0B-4A64-86B9-DC3D85900190.png

I have the Planar 2D and got a 60 mm y-duct splitter with airflow valves so I can heat the roof top tent and our 6.5” awning room.

The main reason I want it mounted outside is for security and to free up more space inside the cruiser.

It is pretty quiet and we ran it without issue in campgrounds with strict generator hour restrictions without any complaints from our neighbor.

I would go with the larger 4R unit if one had a larger awning room or wanted to heat more spaces like the interior of the truck/camper, roof top tent, and an awning room. But for our usage it’s perfect!

It really sips fuel, for 24 hrs constant running it would use about 1-1.5 gallons of diesel. Paired with the insulation kit for our roof top tent, we slept outside our sleeping bags and had to keep a window crack open to not overheat and had it running at lowest setting. We used it for about 14 days in a row without issue. I just periodically ran it highest setting to burn off any carbon build up.

I did blend in kerosene like 1:4 to 1:2 as it got colder this past winter and as we got up in higher elevation. But again it never failed to start up.

It is pricey compared to other options but the no fuss and high quality of the build was well worth it in my opinion. It got as cold as -5 F during our trip.

62AAD4E6-82B3-402E-BFC5-E20704D26112.png

Same here, been patiently waiting for a bull bar release date.. it just seems to keep getting pushed back.. you think it would be a no brainer considering how many front bumpers they sold since the price drop late last year.

@kem and @GatorBait1551 I'd like to know about the LX470 bull bar as well? I purchased a front bumper with the understanding that the bull bar would be coming soon?
Same here, been patiently waiting for a bull bar release date.. it just seems to keep getting pushed back.. you think it would be a no brainer considering how many front bumpers they sold since the price drop late last year.
We've got a local pickup customer scheduled to come in so we can get an updated scan of the LX front and start the new design. Probably looking at an mid April release

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom