Disabling the AHC and AVS systems, no warning lights. (3 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I had actually put in dobinsons front springs and 80 series factory rear springs but AHC didn't like it up front... drove like a boat in rough seas... went back to stock springs woth 80 seroes rears and it drives like it did factory... probably is excessive pressure on front... I'll need to get tech stream to monitor... I've been on long travel arms and factory struts for 1.5 years... its holding up... but I'll probably end up swapping these kings in here soon

You can pretty much do anything with AHC on-board and keep it functioning like factory BUT mess with spring rate. I would start with the super springs though like @grinchy recently did. Seems like a great solution that can be fine tuned as well.

@turbo8 has really pushed the envelope there i believe. I love the Frankenstein Lexuseses.

You can pretty much do anything with AHC on-board and keep it functioning like factory BUT mess with spring rate. I would start with the super springs though like @grinchy recently did. Seems like a great solution that can be fine tuned as well.

@turbo8 has really pushed the envelope there i believe. I love the Frankenstein Lexuseses.
After today I'm am over AHC... pass side sits a inch higher than the driver... I put rear passenger spring on driver as passenger is taller.....it did nothing (probablydosen'thelpmyspareisondriver).... it has always had a lean... but woth LT it is amplified... we leave Thursday for the landcruiser Fall Crawl in Va... when I return I'm installing my kings. To remedy I extended my front heim to sway bar... it helped but I don't like the idea

16659616436307273659972638156250.jpg

I had actually put in dobinsons front springs and 80 series factory rear springs but AHC didn't like it up front... drove like a boat in rough seas... went back to stock springs woth 80 seroes rears and it drives like it did factory... probably is excessive pressure on front... I'll need to get tech stream to monitor... I've been on long travel arms and factory struts for 1.5 years... its holding up... but I'll probably end up swapping these kings in here soon
I think you misunderstood me. The Tundra spec Kings come with 600lbs springs, I think you will want at least 700lbs.

Camburg also mentions not to use OEM style bolt-in coilovers. It's probably because you won't make full travel with them.

I think you misunderstood me. The Tundra spec Kings come with 600lbs springs, I think you will want at least 700lbs.

Camburg also mentions not to use OEM style bolt-in coilovers. It's probably because you won't make full travel with them.
I probably will switch over to the 700lb coils... as for the travel... the 200 can't handle anymore as there is no fender options... I'm already achieving max droop the arms, tierods amd cvs allow for... from there you only have 12 inches (with a 35) till you crash into the fender... I'm getting 12+in woth the AHC shocks... I expect to get to 13.5-14 woth the tundra oem spec kings as they are 1 in longer than the 200 kings
20220515_200048.jpg
... I'm willing to take 2in out of the fender... but anymore than that will require major body work

20220424_120430.jpg

I probably will switch over to the 700lb coils... as for the travel... the 200 can't handle anymore as there is no fender options... I'm already achieving max droop the arms, tierods amd cvs allow for... from there you only have 12 inches (with a 35) till you crash into the fender... I'm getting 12+in woth the AHC shocks... I expect to get to 13.5-14 woth the tundra oem spec kings as they are 1 in longer than the 200 kingsView attachment 3142887... I'm willing to take 2in out of the fender... but anymore than that will require major body work

View attachment 3142888

Are you not concerned about lower limit of CV angle with more droop? It seems like you are at diminishing returns if you have to limit up travel with bumps and down travel with straps.

Are you not concerned about lower limit of CV angle with more droop? It seems like you are at diminishing returns if you have to limit up travel with bumps and down travel with straps.
The RCV's handle 31 degrees woth no issues per theirengineers
20220718_123605.jpg
... so happens thats exactly where my shock stops it at... I'll limit it just short of that... I have the straps...just not installed yet.... but yes for stock cv's that was a bit to much

Back from the dead and enjoying catching up on what everyone has been doing with the 200 series, AHC, and alternative suspension options!

Just a quick question for anyone in general, but wondering if @turbo8 , @1UZJ80N60 , @TeCKis300 or anyone else have seen someone successfully delete, or at least temporarily disable, AHC on a 2016+ LX570.

I may or many not have ordered some long travel coilers for a non-AHC equipped LC200 that ended up having more rust than I want to deal with. In lieu of said rusty LC, I may have found a 2017 LX570 that would look lovely on said long travel set-up with coilovers, however, it would be nice to run those without a warning light on the dash.

Back from the dead and enjoying catching up on what everyone has been doing with the 200 series, AHC, and alternative suspension options!

Just a quick question for anyone in general, but wondering if @turbo8 , @1UZJ80N60 , @TeCKis300 or anyone else have seen someone successfully delete, or at least temporarily disable, AHC on a 2016+ LX570.

I may or many not have ordered some long travel coilers for a non-AHC equipped LC200 that ended up having more rust than I want to deal with. In lieu of said rusty LC, I may have found a 2017 LX570 that would look lovely on said long travel set-up with coilovers, however, it would be nice to run those without a warning light on the dash.
Yeah, you unplug the ahc computer and pull the ahc fuses.

@Daluvian has a 2017+ and disabled it using using the instructions in this thread. He was having issues with AFS but said he figured it out?

@Omsok left his height sensors attached and left one of the plugs to the AHC ECU and his AFC still worked.

@Daluvian has a 2017+ and disabled it using using the instructions in this thread. He was having issues with AFS but said he figured it out?

Thank you for the quick response - hope @Daluvian catches this!

@grinchy - thank you. I read that (and it does sound that easy) for the 2008-2015 but was not sure, as above, about the issue with AFS on 2016, hence wanting to check-in.

I guess the 2016 could be different, the 2009 has afs as well.
It’s not hard to disable afs if necessary, just another computer module to unplug and a fuse to pull.

@Omsok left his height sensors attached and left one of the plugs to the AHC ECU and his AFC still worked.
Yep, still working great. Nothing I did on purpose, lots of other issues, but the headlights go where I point the wheels, and I am on Old Man Emu conventional suspension, and have no AHC displays on my vehicle, or warning lights. Been weeks, or months since I discoed the AHC module behind the plastic beside the rear left hand passenger seat. I am not sure if the height sensors are still attached, I had my mechanic remove all the AHC stuff, but he may have left the height sensors. I never really looked to be honest. I can check if anybody wants to know.

IMG_7661.jpeg

My AHC is needing some significant work so the inner desert racer in me has won out and I'm going to swap over to Fox 2.5's and Camburg arms. Question I had for everyone is what rear springs are you guys using? Stock Land Cruiser or one of the heavier OME or Bilstein options? Not looking for much in terms of additional lift in the rear.

I also read earlier in the thread that Canguro was running a front sway bar on their Stock Full but I didn't see which, anyone know what they're using (Tundra maybe)?

My AHC is needing some significant work so the inner desert racer in me has won out and I'm going to swap over to Fox 2.5's and Camburg arms. Question I had for everyone is what rear springs are you guys using? Stock Land Cruiser or one of the heavier OME or Bilstein options? Not looking for much in terms of additional lift in the rear.

I also read earlier in the thread that Canguro was running a front sway bar on their Stock Full but I didn't see which, anyone know what they're using (Tundra maybe)?

I don’t recommend removing AHC, but you want the non-kdss LC front bar.
Dobinsons makes one too I may use later, but really u need extended links.

If you do get rid of the AHC system, drive around with the stock sway bar for a little bit. You will notice it is pretty adequate, especially with the stiffer springs and damping of the new coilovers.

When you say camburg arms, do you mean full long travel 4+ wider per side? If so their LT tundra swaybar kit might fit. Camburg Toyota Tundra 2wd/4wd 07-21 L/T Front Swaybar Kit – Camburg Engineering - https://camburg.com/shop/suspension/susp-swaybars/camburg-toyota-tundra-07-lt-front-swaybar-kit/

I am still happy with the Icon progressive rear coils.

If you do get rid of the AHC system, drive around with the stock sway bar for a little bit. You will notice it is pretty adequate, especially with the stiffer springs and damping of the new coilovers.

When you say camburg arms, do you mean full long travel 4+ wider per side? If so their LT tundra swaybar kit might fit. Camburg Toyota Tundra 2wd/4wd 07-21 L/T Front Swaybar Kit – Camburg Engineering - https://camburg.com/shop/suspension/susp-swaybars/camburg-toyota-tundra-07-lt-front-swaybar-kit/

I am still happy with the Icon progressive rear coils.
Thanks for the details and info on rear springs. And to clarify, I meant just the Camburg uppers. I definitely agree with your thoughts on the front and whether I'll need to do anything with a sway bar, I'll give it a shot and see how it feels but I'm not expecting any issues (I'm pretty familiar driving vehicles with this type of setup). I was just curious if there were other options out there should I feel it needs one down the road; it looks like there are some non-KDSS Land Cruiser sway bars available so that answers that question for now I think.

Appreciate the help everyone.

There are aftermarket swaybars designed for non-kdss 200 series. Nolathane, Whiteline, Achtuning/Superpro. 30-39mm, depending on which ones you pick. Might be a good option if you remove AHC and find the stock swaybars lacking.

There are aftermarket swaybars designed for non-kdss 200 series. Nolathane, Whiteline, Achtuning/Superpro. 30-39mm, depending on which ones you pick. Might be a good option if you remove AHC and find the stock swaybars lacking.

Dobinsons too!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom