DirtNap LX 570 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I would like to introduce the newest member of the family. Arrived January 29, 2022 at 5:47p.m. (EST), measuring in at 197" long and an even 6,000 pounds. I have yet to name it, but it is a 2015 Lexus LX 570. It is soooo sweet and a pleasure to have in the family. Many thanks to Mudders @afgman786, @TeCKis300, and @JohnVee for their support and encouragement during the extended gestation period.
PXL_20220210_190432691.jpg
PXL_20220210_190420067.jpg

I should also pause to acknowledge the loss of my beloved 2008 Land Cruiser. You are a great truck but just were not a fit with the family right now. I'm sure you are in a home now that is a better fit, hopefully with fewer people who are height-challenged.

Regards,
DirtNap

Last edited:
I hesitate to call this a build thread, as it will be pretty modest, at least for now. But isn't how so many of these start...
  1. First things first, bought and "installed" the 3D MaxSpider floor mats. Too early to weigh in on durability, but they look and feel way nicer than the WeatherTechs I had in my prior vehicle.
  2. Skid plates: I have a set of the ARB plates that I retained from my 08LC. I know there are some other options out there but a) these are paid for, and b) seemed to do the job so far for me.
  3. Recovery points: I don't plan on doing anything that will get me stuck for a while, but I also have a set of TrailTailor's front and rear recovery points to install once I clean them up and repaint them.
  4. Sliders/Steps: Seems like there are only a handful (MetalTech, Slee, Victory, theoretically CBI), so I plan on getting the MetalTech ones. I will probably buy the LC rocker panels too.
  5. Wheels/Tires: Planning on keeping the stock setup for now, drives sooo much more smoothly than the 08LC on 33.3's.
Other than that, not much planned. Maybe seat covers to keep the teen athlete stink off of my fine semi-aniline ventilated seats.

Last edited:
Congrats on the new ride. Glad you're enjoying it already. We'll see how long you can hold off the mod bug. :)

I've had the 3D MaxSpider mats for 7? yrs now. They're holding up great. Always wondered if WeatherTechs would be better with the amount of marketing they do?

Who are we kidding. No way it would stop there. Today was NTD:
PXL_20220210_183839275.jpg
PXL_20220210_184105172.jpg

These Kenda Klever R/T 35x10.5R17's are going on a set of Rock Warriors I have stashed away for just such an occasion. The rims are a little rough in places, but perfect for these off-road tires.

I wasn't lying, I plan to run the stock set for daily use and bust these guys out for off-roading trips which are regretfully not as frequent as I'd like. A big part of my rationale for swapping the LC for the LX was the AHC. As I alluded to earlier, the females in my family are short, and my parents are in their 80's, so the lifted LC on 33.3s (much less the 34.4's it came with) is about 4-5" above stock was not a great fit. But it would look dumb (IMO) to ride around on stock size tires with the lift, and even dumberer to pay someone to swap out an ICON/Trail Tailor suspension to stock. So with the LX, I can have a stock height truck 99% of the time (not even counting the "easy entry" extra low mode) and then for the TLCA jaunts, slap on the 35's and raise it up 4" as needed in 4LO. At least, that's the theory.

Special thanks to the various threads on here, @TeCKis300 , @grinchy , and a few others I can't remember right now. I'm hoping that by going with the narrower tire, there will be less aggressive "fitment persuasion" needed than a 315/70/17 or 35x12.5. I mightn't have chosen an R/T for my everyday driver, but I think it'll be perfect for how I intend to use it. Maybe the D load rating will make it a little more supple than the E's I'd have otherwise.

Now to get these mounted up and start bending the fender liner to my will!

In my new car frenzy, I also splashed out for the OEM strut spacers. I know they don't change the ride height on their own, but who here wouldn't pay $100 for another 3/4 inch? of travel.

That actually should be about it for a while. Sliders and done.

Last edited:
it is perfect! how many miles?
Thanks! 85,500. It really is in good condition. Paint looks really good up close. Between that and the chrome, it is very shiny! I didn't think I'd like that part of it but it's growing on my. I am noodling over trying to use a black chrome paint to darken it a bit and blend with the gray a bit. But I'm not in a hurry -- LOML has plenty of other honey do's on my list before I can get to that.

Interior is in pretty good shape as well. Driver seat bolster shows a teeny bit of wear, and the driver door armrest needs a little dye/polish in places. Between the 2013-15 "refresh," the LX goodies, and being 7 years and 60,00 miles newer, it is a nice step up for me.

Most importantly LOML will now ride in my 200 without complaint :rofl:

P.S. thank you 32cls6speedmt for being my 500th like!

Last edited:
Sliders/Steps: Seems like there are only a handful (MetalTech, Slee, Victory, theoretically CBI), so I plan on getting the MetalTech ones. I will probably buy the LX rocker panels too.

Looks great, congrats! Above, did you mean 'cut the LX rocker panels' or 'buy the LC rocker panels'? Because I believe it was determined here that the MT LX570 sliders will not work with the LC rocker panels without cutting.

Last edited:
Do you plan to run a .75"-1" spacer on your RWs?

Also, congrats on the new ride!

Prediction: you'll soon be running the 35s 24x7 and have the 20s for 'highway trips only'. It should still kneel quite respectably on 35s.
I suggest 34 to 36psi as a starting point.

Looks great, congrats! Above, did you mean 'cut the LX rocker panels' or 'buy the LC rocker panels'? Because I believe it was determined here that the the MT LX570 sliders will not work with the LC rocker panels without cutting.
Sad but true. The test mules for the MT LX570 sliders both had chopped LX570 running boards, so the slider is expecting that.
Good news is that cutting the LX570 stock running boards off and refitting the remaining trim is well documented, and looks just fine.
In particular @raincityrider did an amazing job on his running boards, maybe he'll post a pic for reference . ..

Looks great, congrats! Above, did you mean 'cut the LX rocker panels' or 'buy the LC rocker panels'? Because I believe it was determined here that the the MT LX570 sliders will not work with the LC rocker panels without cutting.
Good catch. I corrected the post to say "Buy the LC panels".

You are right, the MT requires cutting at the front. That is the tradeoff for protecting all the way to the fender. Sliders that do not require cutting the front (like my older Sleep tube steps) expose the rocker that slopes down to meet the trailing edge of the front fender. My LC came down of a rock and hit the rocker before the slider. I was able to get it more or less back into shape eventually but it irked me. Thus I've been leaning towards the MetalTech .
But I am open to other perspectives.

I was thinking it might look a little better with the LC rockers with only the front cut, but IDK, maybe not worth it .

Sad but true. The test mules for the MT LX570 sliders both had chopped LX570 running boards, so the slider is expecting that.
Good news is that cutting the LX570 stock running boards off and refitting the remaining trim is well documented, and looks just fine.
In particular @raincityrider did an amazing job on his running boards, maybe he'll post a pic for reference . ..
Thanks for the link, will check it out.

I don't think the CBI ones are in production anymore. I liked the looks of the Victory ones, but they don't appear to rely on the formed step to handle all of the impact and sliding, but without a strong boxed tube rail bearing the brunt. I don't know if the Slee "formed sliderstep" shares a similar design, but seeing this photo on Slee's site had me saying no regardless. Maybe it would be better with LC rockers ? I know lots of folks have and are happy with them -- to the point Sleep can't keep them in stock. So they are doing something right.
PUB-SOK1329-6.jpg

Prediction: you'll soon be running the 35s 24x7 and have the 20s for 'highway trips only'. It should still kneel quite respectably on 35s.
I suggest 34 to 36psi as a starting point.
I hear you, but I don't think so. It feels so much more nimble (for a 6k # truck) and more pleasant to drive on the stock size. Plus that was part of the domestic negotiations that kept me in a 200 instead of a Kia. I'm not complaining about "SWMBO" -- she didn't bat an eye at the stack of tires getting dropped off today!

I imagine the 35s could end up staying on longer and longer as I get tired of changing them. But I kind of like the "under the radar" look of the stock size too.

Do you plan to run a .75"-1" spacer on your RWs?

Also, congrats on the new ride!
I'm not planning on it but I know it may be in the cards based on Grinchy's set up.

Just went out to the garage. These tires are friggin big!

@DirtNap ,

Claims to keep it modest, immediately pulls out 35s. LOL

Congrats buddy, nice grey with low miles :).
Make sure you flush AHC as the first maintenance item to officially christen your LX ownership!

I'm not planning on it but I know it may be in the cards based on Grinchy's set up.

Just went out to the garage. These tires are friggin big!
Well, I’m following along. Be interested to see if you can get 35s on RWs without spacers

Congrats! Let me know if you want to swap for my 4runner. 2021 full restoration. Lots of new parts. :rofl: Hopefully I’ll get to see you on the trail run next weekend and depending on how the day goes head to head I’ll decide if I’ll go swap my 4Runner out for a 200.

Thanks for the link, will check it out.

I don't think the CBI ones are in production anymore. I liked the looks of the Victory ones, but they don't appear to rely on the formed step to handle all of the impact and sliding, but without a strong boxed tube rail bearing the brunt. I don't know if the Slee "formed sliderstep" shares a similar design, but seeing this photo on Slee's site had me saying no regardless. Maybe it would be better with LC rockers ? I know lots of folks have and are happy with them -- to the point Sleep can't keep them in stock. So they are doing something right.View attachment 2920929
This is a 2016+, which has different rockers. The 08-15 fit is much better with cut rockers. At least I hope so, because mine get here tomorrow. Here’s some with 35s. Stolen from @TeCKis300

1602381755385-png.2461890

Last edited:
This is a 2016+, which has different rockers. The 08-15 fit is much better with cut rockers. At least I hope so, because mine get here tomorrow. Here’s some with 35s. Stolen from @TeCKis300

1602381755385-png.2461890

Now those are some real pebbles.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom