LX570 bolt on sliders by Metal-tech 4x4 - available now! (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

helocat

Tube is your buddy!
Supporting Vendor
Threads
Website
www.metaltech4x4.com
Metal-tech 4x4 is happy to announce the release of our bolt-on sliders for the Lexus LX570. These have been in development for quite some time and are now available for purchase on our website.

These mount using a 3 part system to work in concert with the AHC system that occupies the side of the frame on the LX570 trucks. A sub-mount goes under all the AHC components that has 4 mounting blades that come outward. We have a 5th mount that bolts to part of the rear suspension mount as wel. Next the main rail bolts to all 5 blades providing the true slider protection. The 3rd and last key part is the integrated AHC guard plate. This plate is not an afterthought our an option, it is part of the overall box structure bolting to both the main slider body and each of the primary mounting blades.

For the month of June, we are doing a Lexus Love promotion with all products made by Metal-tech 4x4 and OPOR that are in stock are available for 10% off. This includes the (3) three sets of LX570 sliders we have in stock at the time of writing this.

The sliders are $1699.95 per pair powder coated, with everything needed to install them included including the special tools and drill bit for the nutserts.

570_Sliders_Pic_6__25689.1591904230.1280.1280.jpg

570_Sliders_Pic_4__32784.1591834721.1280.1280.jpg

570_Sliders_Pic_5__95135.1591834732.1280.1280.jpg

570_Sliders_Pic_4__32784.1591834721.1280.1280.jpg

Yeah, that dirt is the first line of defense. I keep meaning to get to it.:)

Hah, I just helped my bro install a set of Metal Techs on his 100-series this past weekend. Should I matchy matchy? :)

The 100-series unit was incredibly stout with bombproof construction. These 200-series units have a similar build/style but have a unique and what looks to be a robust mounting solution. I do like the style with kick-out of these. I'd imagine this would the preferred slider for aggressive LX owners. Perhaps with the trade-off of more weight.

1591909815291.png

What is the total weight of the MT sliders ??

What is the total weight of the MT sliders ??

Each side is just under 90lbs light. Fortunately for installing its split between three main parts the main rail is in the mid 50's, rest is the sub-mount and the lower guard.

Ultra stupid question........and because it looks so damn good........is this MT LX slider an option to install on the LC? I know that...why not just buy the regular MT sliders for LC....but for some odd reason, i love the look of the plating used to protect AHC globes as part of the slider. I have the ARB Summit Sliders...but gotta admit, these MT LX sliders look amazing....expensive as hell...but amazing.

Do you have to drill new holes into frame when installing??

I REALLY like the metal tech sliders I have on my landcruiser. Glad to see LX570s have an option from you guys as well.

Ultra stupid question........and because it looks so damn good........is this MT LX slider an option to install on the LC? I know that...why not just buy the regular MT sliders for LC....but for some odd reason, i love the look of the plating used to protect AHC globes as part of the slider. I have the ARB Summit Sliders...but gotta admit, these MT LX sliders look amazing....expensive as hell...but amazing.

Do you have to drill new holes into frame when installing??

We have not tried mounting a set to a 200. However, since the frames are basically the same critters the parts should mount up. The OEM threaded holes in the frame for the LX may not be there for the LC so that would require a few nutserts to go in. Also, the KDSS system on the 200 will use some of those mounting holes, it might be in the way of one of the middle blades, not too sure. Agreed the lower guard plate does look killer with the large dimple die holes.

For the LX570 yes on adding 6 holes per underside. We include all the nutserts, install tool and drill bit as just part of the hardware pack for the sliders.

Stout sliders for sure! The number of attachment points and the amount of mounting surface on the frame is really amazing. I believe it is key that the 1st and last mount are close to the ends of the sliders. I think this is going to provide fantastic service life from this part. Frame stiffness increased as verified by my tuned seat of the pants detector. It was noticeable for the first 50 miles or so, now just normal.

If these do happen to fit on a Land Cruiser, I wonder if these wouldn't be considered a heavier duty version for the more demanding off-roader?

The area boxed in and protected by the lower armor could potentially be used as space to mount overlanding accessories like air compressor, air tank, compact AGM or lithium battery, DC-DC charger and power distribution, etc.

Last edited:
Stout sliders for sure! The number of attachment points and the amount of mounting surface on the frame is really amazing. I believe it is key that the 1st and last mount are close to the ends of the sliders. I think this is going to provide fantastic service life from this part. Frame stiffness increased as verified by my tuned seat of the pants detector. It was noticeable for the first 50 miles or so, now just normal.

Hey, now you have more protection from rust on the frame with all that mounting plates covering the frame!

If these do happen to fit on a Land Cruiser, I wonder if these wouldn't be considered a heavier duty version for the more demanding off-roader?

The area boxed in and protected by the lower armor could potentially be used as space to mount overlanding accessories like air compressor, air tank, compact AGM or lithium battery, etc.

Yeah, damn it, it’s pure genius (at least from pics) to have the plate covers the area b/w frame and step. I am an appearance whore...so, this MT design tickles my sensitive spot!

Oh, and more space for accessories is killer too.

Incredibly BEEFY sliders. No short cuts taken on the design of these things. They will probably outlast my truck. Very happy with these sliders.

We've got two or more threads and at least one video now, so I apologize if I missed it: How did M-T address the trailing and leading edges of the fenders and the door sill skirts when the running board is removed. Can't quite tell from the pics - front looks clean, rear looks hacked off...or am I missing something? Beautiful product!

We've got two or more threads and at least one video now, so I apologize if I missed it: How did M-T address the trailing and leading edges of the fenders and the door sill skirts when the running board is removed. Can't quite tell from the pics - front looks clean, rear looks hacked off...or am I missing something? Beautiful product!
I may have made a few ill advised cuts way back in 2018. Hive mind does better now. But yes nothing is going to look perfect unless you roll the TLC rocker covers. I could put some black trim on it, but that is not the most unsightly thing on my 12 year old 225k mile truck.

They look very nice indeed!
I had a set of MT sliders on my old 100 series and loved the look / function, but was not super happy with the rust protection as after 3-4 years they started to rust really bad... :-(
Of course living in Chicagoland had something to do with it...
Now I'm on the fence split between Slee and this...
Any opinions on what seems to be better protected from becoming a pile of red powder? - or let me refraze this:
Is the current product manufactured with more protection from rust?
I know this is a problem specific to where we live, but one we have to live with like it or not...

Last edited:
Quick Qs....in the pic below (from above post), the panel that covers the AHC globes seems rather flimsy...undulating up and down at the screw/bolt places. Is that the way it is or just angle of picture?? If a rock hit that area, then will it just buckle right into the AHC system components?

2nd question...that's a lot of exposed bolts on the bottom...that can easily be torn off over a rockledge??

570_sliders_pic_5__95135-1591834732-1280-1280-jpg.2336840

They look very nice indeed!
I had a set of MT sliders on my old 100 series and loved the look / function, but was not super happy with the rust protection as after 3-4 years they started to rust really bad... :-(
Of course living in Chicagoland had something to do with it...
Now I'm on the fence split between Slee and this...
Any opinions on what seems to be better protected from becoming a pile of red powder? - or let me refraze this:
Is the current product manufactured with more protection from rust?
I know this is a problem specific to where we live, but one we have to live with like it or not...

Corrosion resistance will always be a challenge for any fabricated part. Full sand blasting, dip, bake, powder, bake and re-powder is how all MT4x4 parts are done. Fortunately all of our parts are robust so even if over time if someone lives in a high corrosion environment, the parts are thick enough they can be re-finished at a later date if needed. Those not in high corrosion areas see no finish issues for years and years.

The #1 reason we remove factory steps is for protection. The Metal-tech 4x4 LX570 sliders, were designed #1 to be a slider to protect the truck. A full sub mount system distributing load across the entire mid frame with 5 vertical mounting blades to support the outer main rail is the hidden heart of the system. Frame mounted blades are at each end of the slider, very little of the main body leading or trailing ends are left unsupported. The outer main rail is a fully boxed (like our frames) rail with an outer two stage tubing rub rail. The MT4x4 trademarked two stage rub rail is designed to be just outside of the radius of the doors of the truck with the 2nd stage to push the truck away from any obsticals you are sliding past. (tree, rocks etc.) Next the lower dimpled guard is an integrated key part of making a full box structure between the Frame sub mount, mounting blades and primary outer rail. All of the AHC systems are protected. The whole system can be used to lift the truck via a jack with very little deflection. A “Step” sure its perfectly balanced with a nice area to use as a step, the rear kick out is filled with a dimpled plate and they work great as a step or access your roof rack. But we do not put “Step” in the name for a reason. These are armor first and foremost.

Quick Qs....in the pic below (from above post), the panel that covers the AHC globes seems rather flimsy...undulating up and down at the screw/bolt places. Is that the way it is or just angle of picture?? If a rock hit that area, then will it just buckle right into the AHC system components?

2nd question...that's a lot of exposed bolts on the bottom...that can easily be torn off over a rockledge??

570_sliders_pic_5__95135-1591834732-1280-1280-jpg.2336840

The lower guards are more than just a bolt on AHC protection, they are not an afterthought or an option. They are a key part of the entire slider system. We make them from 1/8” steel and form the 6 dimple die holes in each one, vastly increasing their strength w/o adding unnecessary weight. (Each slider assembly is already pushing 90lbs light per side, it takes allot of material to protect the truck!) Next is how they are mounted and supported. They have the full bracing of the frame sub plate behind them (three 1/4” and one 1/2” thick formed vertical) and the mounting points from the main rail. One would have to work very hard to push the guards up into any of the globes. If that was to happen the rest of the truck probably has some serious issues from what ever event would cause that.

The undulating you see is the height difference of the main blades and the bolted on outer main rail. The guard when bolted up is pulled into these points. This was not noticed until we took this photo. There is adjustment to aline the main rail guard mounts to be on the same plane as the frame mounts, so we make a point to line them up now for cosmetic reasons only. @grinchy ’s truck in the photos but installed by us one of the first production sets to go into the wild.

The bolts holding the guard in place are all stainless steel button heads, so rounded with recessed sockets. They can take a beating. The 3/8” grade 8 bolts at the frame rails are at the base of the frame, but higher than other components under the truck. Rarely we go flat onto an obstical, usually we are leaning to one side when a slider engages something. The underside of the outer main rail will take the majority of hits. The bolts can potentially take a hit but very unlikely they would be damaged to failure due to location and the quality materials they are made from.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom