Dirt bike hitch carriers? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Anyone have recommendations for any specific model that works well with the 200's for holding a 4T that doesn't do the weeble wobble? Looking for one that is far enough out that bark busters won't hit the window and ideally has a basket for fuel jugs between the bumper and the bike.

I hope someone has a good option for you. I could use one too. Would be nice to not have to use my trailer when traveling solo.

Joe Hauler or Versahaul. These are a bit more expensive, but use a tensioned wedge at the receiver to reduce wobble. Cheaper carriers are also bolted together, not welded, and wobble a lot. You can make a cheap carrier stable with a little additional DIY fabrication and welding.

Even with a nice carrier, I still get nervous that I am going to look back and my bike is gone so I prefer a trailer most of the time.

I use a Harbor Freight one for my kids CRF125 big wheel. No basket but it works well enough. I’ve found that using turnbuckles to the foot pegs is much more stable than straps.

I have an 'Ultimate MX Hauler' that I love:

Good ol Harbor freight has been doing good for the last couple years. $200 when I stacked coupons.

20240313_095809.jpg

20230910_085805.jpg

You'll likely need to consider airbags or some other rear spring assistance.

Dirtbike and hauler is like 300lb. Won't be needed.
300lb that far back is like much more weight over the rear axle. I can make mine on stock springs sag pretty well with two not particularly large adults in the middle row and some luggage. Dirtbike and hauler out back would absolutely require a heavy rear spring or bags.

I guess I didn’t ask whether @AcmeSys had a LC or LX.. obviously the latter will be much better at this application without mods.

I have this one which is basically the same as the ultimate MX hauler. This style is the way to go. I had one of the traditional tray style ones and could never get it as secure as I wanted due to the moto suspension being a factor. I've used them both on my sprinter and on my LC200. On the sprinter, the bouncing/bucking ended up with two broken rear windows over time. Since switching to this style, I haven't had any issues. Way less bouncing since its a chassis mount/no suspension. I've carried both my KTM 350 EXC-F and my KTM 690 Enduro R on this rack all over the country.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom