Builds DINGO- 60FZJ-UTE LS3 EROD (PROVEN CA SMOG) (3 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Damn did you once work at a chop shop i have a white 80 could use a couple things but on the wrong coast wouldn't say wrong but opposite lol

It’s Friday. He probably knocked back a few tallboys and then the plasma started talking to him :lol:

Man, I am always impressed by how nice your work is but this truck is off the hook. So awesome. I have been thinking about building a 4 door pickup cruiser one day cause I just can't see handing all that money over for a new truck that has led running lights as its claim to fame. This truck will be killer!

Damn did you once work at a chop shop i have a white 80 could use a couple things but on the wrong coast wouldn't say wrong but opposite lol

Nope just handy with a saw and cut off wheel.

It’s Friday. He probably knocked back a few tallboys and then the plasma started talking to him :lol:

Started at 8 and home by noon yesterday.. THEN knocked back a few.

I mean damn just cut it all up i peices lol🍻🍻

MADE ALL GONE GONE! HA!

I think 7 guys are crying.

They should have followed through.

Man, I am always impressed by how nice your work is but this truck is off the hook. So awesome. I have been thinking about building a 4 door pickup cruiser one day cause I just can't see handing all that money over for a new truck that has led running lights as its claim to fame. This truck will be killer!

Thanks P. Yeah I figured I'd sink 40K into this beast to get the truck I wanted...

J

The new Lokar XESS console ratchet shifter arrived.. WELL WORTH THE WAIT! The quality and smoothness of this is beyond AWESOME!

J

IMG_20190524_161025658.jpg
IMG_20190524_160856860.jpg
IMG_20190524_160915904.jpg
IMG_20190524_160906502.jpg

Who is your supplier for the casters if you don't mind me asking? They look like they are more than up to the task.

CIS - 4" x 2" 700# rated each greasable. I think they were 65.00 for the 4 shipped.

J

I have decided to LineX the body. I don't have the time to do my own paint on this build and every shop that come over to bid the project is $10- 14K.

LineX --- 5500.00 --- this is the exterior only including bottom. of all floors.

So the radiator support, fender liners and all headlight buckets, etc... will be powdered semi gloss. I'll paint all the inner panels, jambs, firewall ... in black paint.

Back of cab will be closed up next week. Pull the body, motor and trans and paint the frame.... And reassembly will start back up.

J

Also decided to go away from the traditional "gullwing" style doors on the canopy box that everyone is used to seeing and using. I'm going with fire/ambulance aluminum roll up shutter doors. I'll finalize the drawings and send them for production in a couple of weeks. With adding my 270 degree awning and a 2M straight awning the "gullwing" style would always be in the way or hitting the awnings when opened.

Also they can smooth track at up to a 30 degree angle which will be perfect for my profile since it's considerably less.

Dover Vanguard in the UK.

Now to decide on manual or electric locks.

J

DOVER.jpg
Fire Doors - DOVER.jpg

I've commissioned @kelly saad to make Dingo a custom grill. We bounced some things around and this is what evolved.

Love the ONE OFF aspect of this and all of you know I like to take the road less traveled with land mines... HA!

I love his products on my 100 and look forward to seeing this on Dingo in the near future.

J

Personally Im not a fan of exterior bedliner. If a body panel is damaged its much harder to repair compared to paint. I removed all the trim on my 80 series and then took it to a body shop. It had no rust, and no big dents. They painted it for 4500 with high quality ppg paint. Since 60 series sheet metal is extremely rust prone, if any rust develops under the bedliner, it will spread much faster compared to rust under paint. My 2 cents anyway.

I agree with @White Stripe.

I will add, when I saw that you wanted to bed-liner, line-x, rhino-line or what every you call it to the whole vehicle inside and out, I was disappointed. My first thought was, wow he is building one of the wildest Fj6x, coil sprung v8 powered offroad/ expedition vehicle out there and he is going to ruin it by putting that crap as exterior paint to save cash, after what he has spent already (not including your time).
Hell you spent how much time at an hourly rate thinking about and designing a front grill.

You are building an amazing rig, be it for yourself or a customer. you are investing a lot of thought, time and money into this to make it look as stock, yet modern as possible. This will not be anything close to run of the mill for a FJ60 series and nor should be paint.
Look back at post #12 while the blue is not my cup of tea, the grey / black is.
Paint the box in that crap (I would not still, but....), and make the vehicle portion shine.
Sorry Jason, just my opinion.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom