Diesels Removed from Mine (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

That truck is awsome! Will that model be coming in to ens for next year?

That body style is here now but still with the 1KZ. Ens says the mines are asking for a lower emissions engine so it stands to reason the V8 will be here soon.

This one came through Ens
hzj79.jpg

Brutal

SO if your a mine you can buy one in Canada? Think I gots me one in the back 40 come to think of it!! :D

But it seems our money is no good. :mad:

So were stuck piecing together the remnants and scavenging where needed. I guess it is the ulitmate way to hold their value anyways (with so few around)...

Ahh this is the start of a very annoying debate. There are countless countries that run vehicles that are better, more fuel efficient, more reliable and last longer then we have here. I have done a bit of traveling and have seen and driven vehicles that I would love to have but are not made for our markets (and on average I hate new vehicles). The reasons, although they puzzle me, are simple: Canada is too small of a market, if we wanted these vehicles nobody would bother to set up production just for Canada. Our market is controlled by our neighbours to the South, if they say no, we get screwed. The US does not want a lot of these vehicles because it is still mostly domestic oriented and there are way too many political, influential (rich people) factors involved in every decision. My friend recently returned from Germany where he rented a Toyota Matrix look a like with a diesel 1.8L turbo, 6 speed. around 900Km to a tank that was around 50L. In Thailand I drove another Toyota little four door car, 1.6L turbo diesel with a 7speed auto/tiptronic tranny that did around the same mileage, and the damn thing could move!
If you have money you can as a business like mining bring in all the cool toys but they are not insured to drive on the local streets, only on the compounds. For that matter you can bring one over yourself and use it on your back 40 all you like.

Currently with the Sroib braking system around $90,000 but rumor has it that we will be purchasing "stock" units for $50,000 drive them for two-three years and then gone.

ENS prices last year were just below $40K CDN for a cab chassis. The industrial shop makes the main money off of the conversions which normally double that cost (average sale excess of $75K cdn).

Lifespan is 3 years, but better than the Dodge Trucks ENS sent down underground a few years ago. They also did a Mog (saw that prior to decapitation) but I heard even reducing the rims to 17" (from 20") they could not make the truck low enough to work in the mine drifts.

I though ENS warranty was 3,000 hours or 3 months- but that might have changed.

(I've been to the shop 5 times before)

you can bring one over yourself and use it on your back 40 all you like.

this is false. give it a try and watch how fast Toyota stops you...

One of the biggest hurdles to bringing in a non-us market vehicle is the airbags, or lack there of. If you check through the US DOT and Customs and EPA you will see that you can import just about anything as long as you will not use the unit on any public roads, that is, you can use it on the farm, your back 40, or trailer it to off road trails. So, basically, do you have the required $40,000 or more and then willing to risk loosing it along with fines and whatever else the government wants to charge you if you choose to run it on the road? Basically any imported vehicle to be used on the street leagally has to have for the model year it is the following: applicable airbags, pass applicable EPA emissions, and have OBD I or II. This is why the Mercedes Gwagen before Mercedes sold them states side would cost over $130,000 verses $70,000 in 2002. Of course there are always other creative ways of getting something in, just depends on your risk factor you are willing to do. For the 70 series cruiser the hardest part would be getting airbags installed, the rest can be done, just cost alot of money.

One of the biggest hurdles to bringing in a non-us market vehicle is the airbags, or lack there of. If you check through the US DOT and Customs and EPA you will see that you can import just about anything as long as you will not use the unit on any public roads, that is, you can use it on the farm, your back 40, or trailer it to off road trails. .

state side only, not in Canada...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom