Diesel 105 on the Rubicon... (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Michael has one...
in San Diego
https://forum.ih8mud.com/showthread.php?t=173627

attachment.php

Very nice, now how about a wagon???

I do love that rig, but can he get one of these for me? RHD scares me.

Is it me or does that new redesign of the 70 look a LOT like an old 60...

Is it me or does that new redesign of the 70 look a LOT like an old 60...

Its not just you. I see the same thing. I would't be too crazy about the redesign except for the fact that it allows a couple of pretty neat V8s to fit (one diesel and one gas) and this gives me hope that there will be very few other changes for at least a few years. Now that the 70 series has had a longer run than the 40 series did its legendary status is assured.

P.S. I wanted to apologize for posting the petition so greatly. I have had a few complaints and will ease back a bit....Sorry, didn't mean look like spam...I'm just trying to make this petition work. P.P.S. I do have postings on other Toyota sites, and have also tried to PM each site on a sticky or feature but no luck so far....it may seem the people in charge may not want a part in the petition....which is absolutely ok.:cheers:

Just thought i'll add my input,

Almost positive that the government agency that imported the vehicles to the US had to jump through all the hoops that a private person would. The MC tags and the yellow emission sticker is a proof of that. You would not see the on temporary imported vehicle. These qualifications would be very expensive to go through and cost prohibitive to a private person, but if the end user issues an Urgent Need Statement (Army Special Forces = NC), funds become almost irrelevant.

Now these qualification documents (EPA …) should be good for all vehicles of the same kind model year and such and could be used for private importation. Just need to find them, they are after all public document.

This is my theory based on doing similar things as a government contractor…

If it wasn't so sad it would actually be funny.You guys want the 105 in the US.In ZA we want the new V8 diesel or the 1HD-FTE with manual tranny but we can't get them, not to mention the total absence of the 40.In Aus they get it all :confused:

There is a guy here in Flag that came back from Venezuela with a 70. He had AZ tags and title done on it. He said that he was allowed to bring it back because he was out of the country for a minimum of 365 days. it's kind of wierd as it has a carb'd 1FZ.

Dave

If it wasn't so sad it would actually be funny.You guys want the 105 in the US.In ZA we want the new V8 diesel or the 1HD-FTE with manual tranny but we can't get them, not to mention the total absence of the 40.In Aus they get it all :confused:

Thats why we call it the lucky Country:cheers:

I have not heard back.

Yeah like the Taco's is better!

Yes, it is...

1. Coil-over as opposed to torsion
2. Longer wheel travel
3. Stronger sub-frame (greater torsional rigidity)
4. Stronger CV axles

However, my point was that those vehicles are available internationally with a solid axle. They would have been perfect, had they been fitted with a solid axle.

Yes, it is...

1. Coil-over as opposed to torsion
2. Longer wheel travel
3. Stronger sub-frame (greater torsional rigidity)
4. Stronger CV axles

However, my point was that those vehicles are available internationally with a solid axle. They would have been perfect, had they been fitted with a solid axle.

Sure, What ever you say :cool: ...(and this one ;) )

:popcorn:

You believe whatever you like. However, I would not recommend that you base your opinion and argument on a few posts in an internet forum, and I have no interest in convincing you otherwise.

I prefer to form my opinions (for whatever they are worth) with hundreds of days per year of detailed evaluation and testing on technical terrain around the world.

And, I have owned a 1989 and a 2004 platform personally, so there is no conjecture or hearsay in how I have come to my own conclusions.

From my experience, there is no comparison to the steering precision, handling and moderate to high-speed performance advantage of a coil-over/strut and rack front suspension. Just spend 15 minutes with a high-performance suspension design text and it will be clear.

Of course, I would prefer that my truck was available with a solid axle for long-term durability and reliability/serviceability, but as far as IFS goes, it works great, especially when driving fast :)

Anyways... :beer:

Edit: Ah, I see that you own two trucks with the torsion suspension. I am not down-playing those great vehicles or attacking your personal "investment" in these vehicles. They are awesome. I am just saying that there are measurable performance advantages to the newer suspension platform.

Last edited:
Sure, What ever you say :cool: ...(and this one ;) )
:popcorn:

I don't know, Scott has driven all of these trucks (including the ones we can't get here) all over the world in some of the most extreme conditions known to man. I think I'll go with what he says... :cheers:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom