Desert Tool - Bell housing (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Desert tool here is the bell housing I have. Will it work? It says 3f on the housing.

Thanks Chachie
20131203_175927.jpg
20131203_175917.jpg

I was willing to offer $.10 a pound.:rolleyes:

If Kevin (Desert Tool :confused:) doesn't have one I should have that I would trade.

Desert tool here is the bell housing I have. Will it work? It says 3f on the housing.

Thanks Chachie

There is an aftermarket cross member that bolts in place of the xfer case rear cover that allows the use of this bell housing. When I bought a complete engine out of an '87 FJ60 I decided to use that bell housing. I bought the kit from Tim Hill who sold me the engine. Cruiser Corps has the cross member in their engine conversion packages. A little research and I'm sure you can locate this kit if you are determined to use that bell housing.

There is an aftermarket cross member that bolts in place of the xfer case rear cover that allows the use of this bell housing. When I bought a complete engine out of an '87 FJ60 I decided to use that bell housing. I bought the kit from Tim Hill who sold me the engine. Cruiser Corps has the cross member in their engine conversion packages. A little research and I'm sure you can locate this kit if you are determined to use that bell housing.

I believe the OP has a 64 and is just installing a four speed with the original six. Easiest way is to just use a earlier four speed bell housing. It will use the stock rear motor mounts. No season to go to all the extra work of installing a aftermarket rear crossmember. The early four speed bell housing are easy to find. If Tools doesn't have one I do and live in the valley but further west. I wouldn't mind having the later bell housing because I think it rotates the transmission a little which helps when installing that later four speed and split transfer case. It may even be required using the later four speed since the crossmember installs to the bottom of the transmission for everything to line up.:meh:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom