Depo Tail Light Long Term Use? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I'm thinking about buying some of the depo tail lights. Looking for anyone who has had them for a while to see how they hold up. I know they aren't the best in terms of quality but do the LEDs say "alive" for a long time? I've read thinks about them leaking so if anyone has any info about that that would be cool thanks

Recently had one give up, the right brake light died. Possibly something easy, but can't get it apart, glued together. They don't sell singles, so had to buy a new pair.

Mine have been in for over 7 years! I have not had any issues. They look about like they did when new.

install2-jpg.599164

Sounds like they are slightly iffy but overall probably will work alright. For $100 might as well give them a shot to see if I like them over stock. Thanks

I had a set in mine that lasted ~3yrs before a brake light bit the dust, so I went back with my stockers - I still had them in a box so it 2 birds / 1 stone by not shuffling the box around anymore & “free” fix.

I liked the yellow turn signal delete lense though - on my black 80 it looked right having the clear that I dusted with a light coat of smoke paint (proper prep & it still looked great until I noticed the brake light prob).

Upside was I never had to do any relay swapping like cheaper LED’s that don’t have the right ohm resistance built in.

I bought a pair of Depo LED tail lights, but they did not come with instructions. Do I have to splice the factory wiring harness or are they plug and play?

Hello, are Depo products usually bought off Ebay, is there a preferred vendor ?

Thank you

I have had the Depo tailights for ~8 years. Mine have lasted. If you run LED turn signals, the cruise control will cancel when you "signal left or right". Not a big deal but something to note. There are threads that discuss it and a fix,

After 6 years of use, the Depos have held up well with no problems. The lenses are still clear and bright. No electrical issues.

IMG_7934.jpeg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom