Depo retrofit with Morimoto M-Led 2.0’s and Profile Hi-Lens led high beams. (6 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I added 4 additional breather vents per housing.
I was able to use a shroud on all 4 projectors.
Dust seals are finished.
I reused the chrome trim from the old lights.

I have not connected the high input on the mleds yet because the hi beam function stays activated. I think I will be even more impressed with light output if I get that figured out.

I’m extremely happy with the light output. Huge improvement over the stock lights in both high and low.

View attachment 3550043

View attachment 3550044

Did you drill and mount a vent on each corner of the housing?

Did you drill and mount a vent on each corner of the housing?

I tried to do that with the high beam side since the reflector bowl stayed intact. With the mled side I tried to position the top vent close to the top of the hole I cut in the reflector and the other vent at the bottom of the housing hoping the fan would get the coolest air possible.

There are some limitations on where they can go because of the shape of the housing and supports/adjusters/bowl/etc. I thought about snapping some pics of that part of the retrofit but things were actually working out and it was getting late so I didn’t want to stop. Sorry.

Mine from Freedom Retrofits and they have since been out of business. But i am glad i got a pair of their LED projector lights and have the BAJA squadrons wired into the high beam. Driving at night is fun again.
20231225_114117.jpg

Mine from Freedom Retrofits and they have since been out of business. But i am glad i got a pair of their LED projector lights and have the BAJA squadrons wired into the high beam. Driving at night is fun again.
View attachment 3556770
Looks nice. What led projector did they use for the lows?

Updated the posts above with a few shots. I’ll get some more and update when I get the high beams function of the mled working.

Ps thanks again for the assist answering my questions about this combo.
Getting the LED HB function working? Isn't that easy using a splinter 9006.....connects to the LED HB connector and the HB Proflie with the single end plugged into the OEM HB connector.

Getting the LED HB function working? Isn't that easy using a splinter 9006.....connects to the LED HB connector and the HB Proflie with the single end plugged into the OEM HB connector.
I thought it would be easy like you describe but the mled high beams are triggered anytime the lights turn on whether the high beams are activated or not. (When the splitter is installed)

Last edited:
Someone on tacomaworld had the same issue and they had to use a polarity ground switching module for the mleds to function properly. Unfortunately they aren’t made for 9006 connectors.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom