SOLD Denver, CO 1997 80 series (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Year
Vehicle Model
  1. 80 Series
Mileage
Color
white
This was my son's vehicle, and unfortunately, it was damaged in an accident. Since some of the parts are unobtainium, the body shop and insurance company have decided to return it to us un-repaired. I have not the time, skills or inclination to dive into repairing it, so there is an opportunity for someone to pick up a decent project truck.

1997 FZJ80 with approximately 180k (I'll update when vehicle returns from body shop). Engine blew last summer and I replaced it with a stock, un-rebuilt unit with unknown mileage. Since then it has ran well, and even runs after the accident. The rig is far from perfect. Rear tailgate looks like it was touched up with white-out, and the radiator is leaking from the accident. Interior is pretty dirty, but everything seems to work. It has an aftermarket head unit with backup camera. It does not have lockers. All the glass appears to be factory, and is not cracked. I believe it has been a Colorado car it's whole life, so the front glass is probably not OEM. I'll add underside pics when I can. Pretty clean underneath given it's age.
671643097.jpg
671643119.jpg
671643132.jpg
671643144.jpg
671643152(1).jpg

As you can see in the pictures, it was hit primarily on passenger front. The bumper contact with the tire and the radiator leak are the only issues preventing it from moving under it's own power. Passenger-side front door will not open since the front fender got pushed back. Body shop said the frame extension would need to be replaced.

Under previous ownership, the wheels were plasti-dipped black, and it has since been peeled off on a couple of the wheels. We put the Duragrapplers on during winter of 20/21 and they still have plenty of tread. Most of the seats are in decent shape, and they have been under seat-covers since we bought the truck. Driver's seat is pretty rough.

For serious buyers, I'll be happy to forward the repair estimate from the body shop to get a better idea of the damage.

Vehicle is located in Arvada, CO (west Denver suburbs). Title in hand, in my name. Offering it here in hopes that an enthusiast will take this on. It'll go on my local 4x4 page, then fb marketplace if it doesn't sell.

Insurance is paying a good chunk of what the rig is worth, so I'll be happy to sell it for the difference between what they are paying and fair market value before the accident. Let's call it $10k obo. That's probably on the high side, so throw out an offer and let's get this into your garage!

If this were a modified 80 in otherwise pristine condition (e.g. zero rust, cream puff interior) and a clear title, I'd say that $10k might be in the ballpark. You need to post a lot more pictures of things like the undercarriage, interior and the frame around the bumper for people to make an informed decision. Otherwise they'll assume the worst and their offers will reflect that assumption. Also, pull that bumper off so the frame is clearly visible. Will take 10 minutes and save you from answering a ton of "how's the frame look" messages. GLWS

More pics as soon as it comes back from the body shop. Yes, $10k is super high, that's why I said so in the listing. Make an offer.

I would have def been interested if factory triple locked. still worth to be fixed especially if frame is clean, love the white!

Interior color?

Tan interior color. Insurance wouldn't total it. For some reason, they think it's worth nearly $20k. Anywho, its finally getting towed back to my place so I'll have some more pics soon. First reasonable offer takes it. And by reasonable, I mean just about anything over free. Just spent $6k putting a motor in it last year. Kinda' done with it at this point.

As shown in the pics, it's a little rough, but runs fine. Needs a battery and a radiator. Frame has surface rust only. It's been in Colorado it's whole life, so corrosion isn't much of an issue. Body shop pulled off the damaged parts and loaded them in the back. Tires are basically brand new. Put them on right before the motor blew last summer, only put on a few thousand miles. Given what a motor goes for these days, having a running/driving truck is worth something. Wish I could keep it, but I just can't justify it at this point.

I can take more pics if needed. I'm not expecting a lot of money for it, so don't expect expert-level pics.

Hey Brulej. Sorry to hear about your son's unfortunate incident with the 80. These things run like tanks, but aren't necessarily built like them in the sheet metal department, but then again, what vehicle (other than tanks) is? LOL....

The undercarriage looks really clean from the pics I saw.

Given that you don't want to invest time/effort into repairs, have you considered parting it out? You've still got a lot of good sheet metal on that vehicle, plus wheels/tires, axles, motor, etc. There are enough 60/80 series owners out there looking to repair or modify what they have. Parting it out would likely be the best way to make anywhere near that $10k mark. Otherwise, given that it is not front/rear locked and the motor is of 'unknown' pedigree... I think offers will be in the range that FJ80Oregon offered. Though I wouldn't pay to transport it. Make him come and get it. LOL...

Good luck....

Is it a salvage title?

If you put it in neutral does it roll with a push? I understand the rub on front but wonder if it can be rolled.

Receipts for motor work?

Runs and drives just fine (body shop removed the damaged panels). I might have receipts for the motor somewhere. My intention was to run it forever, so records weren't much of a concern at the time.

Runs and drives just fine (body shop removed the damaged panels). I might have receipts for the motor somewhere. My intention was to run it forever, so records weren't much of a concern at the time.
Salvage title? Or does it just show accident on carfax?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom