Denso not producing Fuel Pumps (3 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

ehouli

Threads
I was looking to replace my wife's Corolla fuel pump and tried very hard to find a Denso replacement. After some time I noticed that Denso is not selling fuel pumps anymore, perhaps there is only a residual stock and this is why:

Denso and Aisan reached an agreement in 2022, so Aisan got the whole Fuel Pump business transferred. Aisan is not selling much aftermarket so that leaves only Toyota to sell at High Markup OEM prices, and of course Toyota has the higher share on Aisan. So, we're left looking at other brands not as good as Denso or pay the premium directly to Mr T.

Good thing land cruiser fuel pumps never fail or at the very least they last 30 years and 300,000+ miles. With that kind of reliability I really don't mind paying Mr. T the big bucks. It's not like a Chrysler or gmc product that needs a new fuel pump every 70,000 miles....

My Denso died after only about five years. Reinstalled the factory pump that I kept as a spare (removed at ~253k mi) and it died within a couple more months. 23221-66040 fits and has been problem-free since last year.

There was a huge recall on Toyotas (and others) that used Denso fuel pumps, which makes me question their competency:

Over 15 million recalled worldwide:

With these Pumps lasting 400K Miles - only the Paranoid are Providing Sales.

Notice the OEM Part Number on Box.

I would Roll the 🎲🎲 on this All Day.

Made in Japan. Aisan = Quality

1711640234509.png

Brace yourselves for a run on fuel pumps. Everyone will now have a couple in their glove compartment next to their fusible links.
EGR Fuse and Troubleshooting Guide too ;)

My OE died last summer right after coming home from a road trip. It had about 205K miles on it. I tried to order Denso online, kept getting delayed. Finally cancelled and ordered a Delphi.

This threw me for a Loop.
I though it was Aisin but this is Aisan.

Upon Research they do make Pumps

Aisan is one of the Toyota Group’s oldest suppliers.

Historically, they have manufactured throttle bodies, mechanical fuel pumps, flow-through fuel filters, and electric fuel pumps.

That’s said, they do not sell parts in the aftermarket; they only provide parts support for assembly line installation or OEM service parts one buys through a dealer. That’s it.

Funny, I’m seeing “Aisan” brand parts available from many parts supply houses….

Also Denso showing available also

5C6B6A3E-0248-4DFC-8F05-86DB1C20D926.png

And false info by some people…..

There is no arrogance. I'm just stating the facts.

What I stated is the Aisan does not sell to the aftermarket-- IE: They don't have an aftermarket program like Denso does.

If it's an Aisan in an aftermarket box or an "Aisan" box, it's a fake.

They provide service parts support to Toyota in Toyota boxes. Ergo, the one that came from Amayama would be a Aisan part because it came through the Toyota service part supply chain to Amayama who sold it to you and shipped it to you. That would be a genuine Toyota service part provided by Aisan.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom