Delta VS Radius Arms (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

How tight is the clearance between the arms and the trailing arm on the steering linkage? I ask as I recently updated to Marlin Crawlers HD setup. I’ll likely be in the 2-3 inch range.
Should be plenty of room. Not familiar with that particular setup but plenty of others have installed HD links without issue.

How tight is the clearance between the arms and the trailing arm on the steering linkage? I ask as I recently updated to Marlin Crawlers HD setup. I’ll likely be in the 2-3 inch range.
Many of us run a 1.25” tie rod with plenty of clearance at the arm. These arms had clearance issues in version 1.0. I’m one who switched from V1.0 to V2.0 after we provided the necessary info to Delta. Zero tie rod/leading arm interference now.

thanks DVS

got my 3" arms in the mail, installed, aligned.

caster sitting at 3.4 deg on the driver's side and 3.7 deg on the passengers side. car tracks much straighter now and i can finally relax on the highway.

for reference, I'm roughly 22" center of hub to flare in the front. Back may be ever so slightly higher 22.5 or 23

View attachment 2768465

View attachment 2768466
Are you 4” of lift?

Are you 4” of lift?
No, not that high.

I'm probably 2-2.5" at most. 22" center of hub to flare in front, 22.5 or 23 center of hub to flare in the rear.

If I remember correctly stock cruisers are roughly 19.5-20" hub to flare.

Mine are in…thanks delta!!!
EF91EB05-57FC-4622-8A7B-5F9936CF38E0.jpeg

Have enough orders for a batch of 4" arms yet? Or close to it?
I have a set of near new 4” arms with OEM bushings I will post for sale in classified here as soon as I get them in the 5L box if interested. Same day shipping after paid for when posted About 100 miles on them…. SOLD, ya done missed out.

5L arms on and the pavement test resulted in zero rear inner fender rubbing! No trimming required. Yet to try off-road but they seem to have plenty of clearance and some.

An attempt to save Dave 1000 questions if your familiar with the original 2.4.6 batch, When you look close the new arms posted on the new sets last few days, all come with the ABS bracket mount the pre 95/97 arms had(95-97 did not) Per Dave as of time this posted, the sides mounted on should not matter but for me to sleep at night I yanked and moved mine to the left per factory( had mounted other way here with no test on clearance)
Running 4” lift, 37” x 13.5”. Marlin Crawlers upgraded HD links here and no issues as of yet on clearance.
C45C1AB1-B6CE-4BEC-B0AD-44AF92F4FB0C.jpeg
BDC7DD97-081F-4A01-9C6D-05C6E81B8AC6.jpeg

Last edited:
Have you guys (or anyone else for that matter) considered making a "long arm" radius arm kit? With weld on brackets near the T-case x-member? It seems like a way to increase travel and improve suspension geometry without modifying much else.

Have you guys (or anyone else for that matter) considered making a "long arm" radius arm kit? With weld on brackets near the T-case x-member? It seems like a way to increase travel and improve suspension geometry without modifying much else.
Yes, actually. BUT, the cost would go way up and the number of folks who would go that route is pretty slim. AND, why not just do 3-link if you're going to weld stuff on? The amount of gain is going to be pretty small as well.

Yes, actually. BUT, the cost would go way up and the number of folks who would go that route is pretty slim. AND, why not just do 3-link if you're going to weld stuff on? The amount of gain is going to be pretty small as well.
I was just thinking it would be a step between 3-link and our current setup. If the cost doesn't make sense, I'll take your word for it.

I got my "3L" arms on today, to dark to take pics though.
Pulling out of the drive I could tell they did increased caster from the previous 2" emkieth brackets.
Steering is a bit more heavy & retuned to center faster. :steer: :bounce::bounce:
I did overlay stock arm on top of the Delta arm with hitch pins to line them up.
Quick tape shows about approx. 35/8" of correction.
They defiantly have more room for the tie rod then my altered ground down stock set.
You can also tell they are longer. A quick tape was 37.2/37.25" which is 1" longer then stock.
20210825_183155.jpg

20210825_182938.jpg

Isn't it normal for paint to flake off when you hit rocks with it? Am I missing something?
You are correct but I only take my rig to the local mall to shop for shoes and eat ice cream.

You are correct but I only take my rig to the local mall to shop for shoes and eat ice cream.
The curbs are tall at your ice cream shop...

The curbs are tall at your ice cream shop...
I agree and I’ve spoken with the mall manager about accommodating my need for lower parking lot fixtures.

You would expect a higher quality finish for the price we paid for these. :rolleyes:

You say that like it’s a bad thing….I like ice cream…2 scoops please!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom