Delta Vehicle Systems Panhard Lift Bracket, 3" & 5" (4 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Update...

After driving the LC on the freeway again to work this morning I can tell you it that the bracket has made not only a difference in straight line handling but cornering as well.

I am not running a front swaybar as I do not have drop brackets for the front swaybar, So I am only running the rear sway bar. On my way to work, there is a long sweeping right-hand turn that I use to take at 65-70 mph but this morning holy crap. The oversteer was noticeably more going through the corner. I actually had to back off 5-10 mph going through that corner.

@Delta VS I can't wait to get the money for those radius arms. And thanks for making such a great product for the 80 series LC.

Installed the bracket and put on about ~800 miles since? Mine is your typical 2.5" OME lift with medium springs. No added body weight. Unsprung weight comes in the form of 35s and 16" steel wheels.

Over the past ~10 months, did my refresh in chunks like most people. Completely refreshed suspension bushings with OEM parts. Very noticeable for the better. Caster corrected with plates which resulted in 4 degrees +. Very noticeable for the better. Even before all this, I installed an adjustable ARB panhard bar because the rear axle wasn't centered perfectly. Didn't notice any dynamic benefits other than appeasing my 80 ocd. :D

Post-bracket, I'm not really noticing much of a difference. My 80 continues to drive straight and true with minimal fuss at all speeds.
Visually, my panhard is definitely more level now. I'm still glad I got them just to know I've now checked all the boxes on my suspension mod wish list.

I do look forward to supporting more vendors, like Delta, that produce well-engineered parts bespoke to the 80 series. I believe there is a growing segment of the buying audience who seek out high quality aftermarket products just as they may do for the other, more expensive, cars in their auto-enthused garage.

Last edited:
Just ordered this week and installed today. Nice product. Just thought I'd share my slight deviations from expected installation.

1) I'm running Medium Slee springs in the rear. They are similar to the OME 864. I was already planning on trimming the bracket a bit. Test fit it and sure enough was making direct contact. Marked it and ground down maybe 1/8 inch of material.
20190316_143633.jpg

2) I tried putting the panhard bolt back in (nut on FWD side) and bolt wouldn't even install since the coil was in the way. So I had to remove coil and install it flipped. Plenty of clearance now!
20190316_150853.jpg

Installed flipped:
20190316_160415.jpg

Just ordered this week and installed today. Nice product. Just thought I'd share my slight deviations from expected installation.

1) I'm running Medium Slee springs in the rear. They are similar to the OME 864. I was already planning on trimming the bracket a bit. Test fit it and sure enough was making direct contact. Marked it and ground down maybe 1/8 inch of material.
View attachment 1929183

2) I tried putting the panhard bolt back in (nut on FWD side) and bolt wouldn't even install since the coil was in the way. So I had to remove coil and install it flipped. Plenty of clearance now!
View attachment 1929185

Installed flipped:
View attachment 1929186

Nice work around. What are your performance thoughts since installed?

Nice work around. What are your performance thoughts since installed?

I drove it 60 miles yesterday to work and it felt great! Definitely an improvement.

View attachment 1929183

View attachment 1929185

Installed flipped:
View attachment 1929186

Pretty much the same exact issue I ran into when installing my bracket. Slinky heavy springs for me. I ended up cutting the bolt so that it was almost flush with the nut when installed as well as grinding down the bracket. Wanted to be able to remove the bolt, if needed, without having to remove the spring.

Even so, very happy with my bracket and I definitely felt a change in the rear end stability on the mountain roads near my home.

Any update on the design to accommodate the thicker coils? Although I have the means to modify the existing bracket to work, I would prefer not to grind away the powder coated finish.

Any update on the design to accommodate the thicker coils? Although I have the means to modify the existing bracket to work, I would prefer not to grind away the powder coated finish.

We got a set of Slinky HD springs in the shop and have been carefully measuring. Have seen a couple things, will post up thoughts once we get it all finalized.

Just did this install fit finsh was good to go, put the panhard almost perfectly parralel.

Alrighty folks, data dump time:

EHO sent a set of SlinkyHD rear springs over to our shop for test fitting and figuring out exactly what the issue has been.

UPON CLOSE INSPECTION, not one but TWO complications were found.

First complication will be detailed in this post, second in next.

First:

The wire diameters and coil diameters were found to be quite similar (obviously NOT the same, but close enough it shouldn't cause issues). Below, from left to right, SlinkyHD, OME 863J, stock

IMG_2413.jpg

Looks quite different, yes?

Another view:

IMG_2415.jpg

Went into this investigation with the obvious answer already in mind: the Slinky coils are MUCH great diameter, how else could this be causing an issue??

Well, wrong again honey...

This picture is a bit busy, but found it quite hard to get the point across otherwise. It shows all three springs laying on their side on a flat table, with a very flat piece of sheetmetal bridging across the tops of all of them. Good way to see which spring is fatter.

IMG_2416.jpg

aaaaaaaaaaaand....The SlinkyHD is narrower by a tiny margin, W. T. F. ?? (stock spring in foreground, then OME, then Slinky in the back)

What could it be?

Well, put one in a rig and measured and compared and tried to understand what was going on.

After a bit of head scratching, realized we were looking at if from the wrong angle:

IMG_2422.jpg

It's not a width issue, it's a number of coils issue. That's why we don't have any issues when installing the ICON springs, and it's only an issue with the HD type springs. With the "too many coils" type springs, the coil is just farther down and interferes with the bracket.

NOW, WHY DO SOME HAVE ISSUES AND SOME DON'T, WITH THE SAME SPRINGS??

Second complication:

NOTE: THIS HAS SO FAR BEEN FOUND TO NOT BE SPECIFIC TO SLINKY, SO DON'T GO HATIN' OR ANYTHING

Turns out, making springs is a hot, sticky, mess most of the time (at least from my experience at springs shops). As such, the tolerances seem to be in the "good enough" range from what we are starting to see.

This leads to a situation where there is considerable slop between the spring and the spring perch it sits on:

IMG_2579.jpg

Since some people are reporting less than a 1/16" of interference, it is quite likely their springs are pushed more torwards the front.

So why not make everybody's stuff sit in the same place? Seems like that might be a start, right? Well, in order to do that, we decided to make a little piece of stainless that goes between the perch and the spring, to take up any slop and force the spring as far forward as possible:

IMG_2580.jpg

This little piece fits both sides (driver/pass) and bolts through that factory hole in the top of the spring perch.

BUT WHY STOP THERE?

Since we are now stuffing stainless in there, why not add some more:

IMG_2581.jpg

Paired with the internal spring spacer piece, came up with a nice little spring retainer piece for the folks who are worried about the spring coming off it's lower perch "during max flex, bruh".

These little do-dads will be available as add-ons for the panhard lift bracket, as well as by themselves.

I DON'T KNOW WHAT THEY WILL COST YET.

Last edited:
And after all that, JUST TO MAKE SURE, we put together a "HIGH-CLEARANCE" version of the PLB (the PLB-HC). It will be available for purchase soon on the site, but won't be shipping until after Cruiser Moab at the earliest.

There isn't a lot of difference, but there are more pieces, more bends, more welding, more design time, etc, etc, etc. Cost will be 285USD 265USD shipped free anywhere a USPS Medium Flat Rate box can go. Have shipped many other places, just not free.

Normal PLB will remain available for folks who have OME/ICON/etc lifts, or non-HD springs of whatever brand.

You can see there is now a profile on the spring side of the bracket, as well as an additional brace on the front.

_MG_5614.jpg

Moving forward, these parts (PLB-HC and the spring keeper) should make installation and use a no brainer!

Last edited:
ok looks like Im going to have to make a video on this delta install, standby

Welllll shucks. I guess I should have specified I have Slinky HD’s when I ordered last week. 😂

Guess I’ll be in the flap wheel club. 🤣

If you haven't installed, happy to swap out for you if you pay shipping and difference. As I said though, won't be ready until after CM at the earliest.

I appreciate it. It just landed here yesterday. Do you think I’d have it by the end of May? I have trip planned in June I’d like it to be ready for.
Good chance? No guarantees though. A lot going on in May (Cruise Moab and Overland Expo)

If you haven't installed, happy to swap out for you if you pay shipping and difference. As I said though, won't be ready until after CM at the earliest.
what about ones that are installed? mine is rubbing my spring, can i swap it out?

what about ones that are installed? mine is rubbing my spring, can i swap it out?

Probably easier to just spend 1 minute each with a grinding wheel and rattle can. One of these days I will install mine.

Probably easier to just spend 1 minute each with a grinding wheel and rattle can. One of these days I will install mine.
I dont the want to affect the structural integrity, they added a gusset to make up for having less metal in that area if you look at the pictures.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom