Delta Vehicle Systems goes to Overland (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I don’t know where mine falls in the build order but the first ones are nearly complete. Last week Delta gave me this pic of it being finished up and almost ready to be powder coated. Sounds like it’ll ship out any moment now.
View attachment 1821590

That's beefy!

I don’t know where mine falls in the build order but the first ones are nearly complete. Last week Delta gave me this pic of it being finished up and almost ready to be powder coated. Sounds like it’ll ship out any moment now.
View attachment 1821590

To be clear, there is no "build order" at this point, this is the second rear bumper. After test fit, it gets shipped to @boogiebones and he shows off at Overland East right around the corner. The production bumper is getting laser cut right now and will be available in time to put under the Christmas tree for the wife (or husband in the case of @Aloha Jen).

IMG_1715.jpg

Nice! I'll keep an eye out at OEE next weekend.

Cool. There’s a fair chance we’ll only be there Saturday, but probably for the whole day. The OEE guys trip turned into a multi-family/multi-kid getaway weekend. Still lots of fun, just not as unhitched as before.

Free bump.
Stopped by the Delta headquarters yesterday with Ian.
Very cool stuff going on in that shop. I was impressed.
The 80 looks beyond killer. I'm stealing that sound deadening idea, that was an insane difference.
The rear (and front) bumper and the latching is super impressive stuff. So much better than what everyone else is used to.
I'm sure I'll be sending more than a few dollar signs their way with my build.

Thanks for showing me around!

What sound proofing idea? I am not seeing what you are talking about.

What sound proofing idea? I am not seeing what you are talking about.

We put A LOT of “second skin” mass loaded vinyl in the rig. There should be a pic or two on the first page I think. It made a SIGNIFICANT difference in both interior and exterior sound. Sounds like (I imagine) a coffin inside.

On edit, we put 10 rolls of this stuff inside the cab: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01NAFWT3S/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_rXW2Bb0FKXNBK

On 2nd edit, no pics, here’s some. We also put an entire box of “Hushmat” inside the cab.

3B774173-AE2C-4935-A7E1-5497DEFB163D.jpeg
5C59059B-58AA-45E7-BF97-39E8951D851D.jpeg

Last edited:
Well, they changed the original parking area (Oskar Blues Brewery) to another site because the ground was mush. They didn’t tell anyone via text/email so you found out when you pulled up, then had to drive to parking site B 20 minutes away. Apparently that area filled too so there’s a site C somewhere. You can’t park at the expo so you have to ride schoolbusses from the parking sites but they only had 2 or 3 of them shuttling people. We waited in line for a shuttle almost 2 hours and would probably have another 20-30min before getting on one. The tipping point came when we realized getting back would probably be just as ridiculous.

Long story short after getting to the original parking site at 9:15 and still nowhere near the expo at 11:45 we bailed and are now in a bar.

People who went yesterday said we might need hip-waders to walk through the mud at the expo itself too. Literally a disaster and I’ll be asking for my money back.

Well, they changed the original parking area (Oskar Blues Brewery) to another site because the ground was mush. They didn’t tell anyone via text/email so you found out when you pulled up, then had to drive to parking site B 20 minutes away. Apparently that area filled too so there’s a site C somewhere. You can’t park at the expo so you have to ride schoolbusses from the parking sites but they only had 2 or 3 of them shuttling people. We waited in line for a shuttle almost 2 hours and would probably have another 20-30min before getting on one. The tipping point came when we realized getting back would probably be just as ridiculous.

Long story short after getting to the original parking site at 9:15 and still nowhere near the expo at 11:45 we bailed and are now in a bar.

People who went yesterday said we might need hip-waders to walk through the mud at the expo itself too. Literally a disaster and I’ll be asking for my money back.

Sorry to hear you’re having a bad time over there! Is there other stuff to do in the area? Where is it anyway?

Yeah, it was just a cluster and apparently we made the right choice when we bailed. People have been complaining all over Twitter/Facebook/etc of having to wait 2+ hours for the shuttles just to leave the expo area. People were outside at 7pm in the dark in 30 degree weather freezing their butts off. We really wanted to go and see everything but best case scenario was 5+ hours waiting on shuttles for 4 hours of time at the expo. Those in charge have a lot of apologizing to do, and a lot of refunding.

On the bright side we enjoyed some good food and beers in a pub watching football so we had a good time anyway.

Really wanted to show off the bumper too but as there was no parking at the actual venue it wasn’t gonna happen regardless. That said in the 5 minutes pulling up and parking 3 different guys took notice of your excellent work and followed me to my parking spot where I demo’d it. They were well impressed and I’m sure they were checking out your website while being held hostage in shuttle lines :)

Sorry to hear you’re having a bad time over there! Is there other stuff to do in the area? Where is it anyway?

Oh yeah, it was about 45 minutes south of Asheville, NC. At a place called REEB Ranch, owned by Oskar Blues Brewing Co. First time being held there where in the past it was on the grounds of the Biltmore estate (former Vanderbilt family mega mansion/castle).
They made the choice that everyone should park at their brewery and be shuttled to the ranch. Apparently their lawn got ruined on Friday though (mudpit and even 4x4s were being towed out by construction equipment) which is why for Saturday we had to park at a totally different location to be picked up by the shuttles. The expo site at the ranch was also a muddy mess. Check out some of the pics floating around social media, it’s pretty impressive.
But the changing parking sites and the mud were just minor annoyances, none of that would have changed the fact that they needed like 10 shuttles and had only 2 or 3. Tickets are like 98% sold online prior to the event too, so it’s not like they didn’t know how many people were coming

Was right there with you boogie, standing in line at the Music Center. We finally got there around 1. It was an absolute slop fest. Didn't get to spend near enough time on site. The line back that evening was just as bad. My buddy and I were like F that and were thankfully able to bum a ride from a fellow H8er in a 60 series back. I don't know how long everyone else ended up waiting. The Expo itself other than the slop was pretty decent, from what I could see. If you didn't spend the night or snag a parking spot down the street you weren't able to do much more than try and slog though quickly around the vendor area and grab some swag. Id really hoped to see the GX stuff Dissent sent as well but just was no time in the 3hrs after we finally got there and got some food after waiting at the food trucks for another 15-20 minutes.

Was right there with you boogie, standing in line at the Music Center. We finally got there around 1. It was an absolute slop fest. Didn't get to spend near enough time on site. The line back that evening was just as bad. My buddy and I were like F that and were thankfully able to bum a ride from a fellow H8er in a 60 series back. I don't know how long everyone else ended up waiting. The Expo itself other than the slop was pretty decent, from what I could see. If you didn't spend the night or snag a parking spot down the street you weren't able to do much more than try and slog though quickly around the vendor area and grab some swag. Id really hoped to see the GX stuff Dissent sent as well but just was no time in the 3hrs after we finally got there and got some food after waiting at the food trucks for another 15-20 minutes.

Sorry DeltaVS for the thread jacking but the venting makes me feel better!
And Razor, that’s exactly the math we did in line when we bailed. We were like, okay, arrive at 1, spend 2-3 hours at most then get back in line for the a couple hours for the shuttle back. Ridiculous!
And hearing that you could in fact drive at least near the site and get picked up/dropped off there pisses me off even more. If they had emailed/called/texted that there were issues with shuttling we had 4 wives capable of giving us a lift if we had known to plan for it! The shuttles were free anyway, so it’s not like they were making money off the rides so what do they care how we get there? Even more they should have bent over backwards to allow us to get there by other means! Just pathetic.

Glad you got to see some stuff though. I don’t want to trust them not to screw it up again in the future but I just have no idea of where else I could see products like this in person so I’ll probably try again next year. And make one of my friends be the one to get the tickets so they’re the one on point for getting refunds if it happens again :crybaby:

Any way, end of thread jack, another bumper shot...
upload_2018-11-11_21-6-18.jpeg

I probably should have wiped off the dirt spots. FYI the powder coating is perfect.

Bringing this one back from the depths. With a couple thousand miles on the new drivetrain, the owner is not satisfied with the anemic power and high EGTs this engine provides, along with difficulty getting replacement/spare parts. He purchased the drivetrain from @TonyP 's troopy project once Tony decided to go a different direction, and we are swapping that in. "We should LS swap that Cummins rig". Never thought those words would ever be uttered/typed, but we live in a new world!

IMG_3959.jpeg
IMG_3969.jpeg

Bringing this one back from the depths. With a couple thousand miles on the new drivetrain, the owner is not satisfied with the anemic power and high EGTs this engine provides, along with difficulty getting replacement/spare parts. He purchased the drivetrain from @TonyP 's troopy project once Tony decided to go a different direction, and we are swapping that in. "We should LS swap that Cummins rig". Never thought those words would ever be uttered/typed, but we live in a new world!

View attachment 2611178View attachment 2611179

Nice! Glad it's going in a cruiser.
Hopefully everything works well, I haven't seen that motor/trans in person for almost a couple of years haha

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom