Wanted Defroster vents 1966 FJ45 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
WTB: defroster vents for a 1966 FJ 45. Mine has none so am unsure exactly why they look like. Attached pic is what I think they look like. They are the vent sections ( sheet metal I think?) that affix to inside dash area and mate with fold down windshield frame.
( am in final stages of frame off resto on my '45 and discovered the defroster vents I removed on tear down several years ago are Non OEM......Volkswagen I think ! egads! Can't put them back in as they don't fit and are WRONG!

off your heater box will be 2 rubber elbows, they go into aprox 2" tubes that feed the defrost vents. the vents are 2 piece, the lower thru the windshield frame is a funnel shape that the tube connects to on the bottom and the upper piece above the frame that directs the air flow to the windshield. there are 3 screws that hold the upper to the lower.
I'm not certain I have any left in stock.

I don't have any spare defrost vents.

3 puppies:
(Recall I bought thermostat housing from you.....fit perfectly)

To clarify: need defroster vents...as you described: they are two piece: a funnel piece that goes through /into the windshield frame . Followed by a deflector piece to direct air to windshield.

Don't need hoses, thx

AND.. understand you don't have any defroster vents....pity

Whitey45:
If you have a set of defroster vents...am definitely interested.
Q? Pics and price and where do I send $$$ pls

Q? Your profile says San Gregorio.....where is that?

IMG_3386.JPG
Here they are, great shape, $100 shipped paypal to whiteyfortyfive@yahoo.com

Whitey45:
Just sent you $100 via PAYPAL.....pls confirm receipt.
MAILING ADDRESS:
Bob Shaunessy, 3135 Westside Road, Invermere, V0A 1K4
Thx

Sorry to be a "me too" but I am also looking for a set of defroster vents and diverters for 1966 Fj45. Any help is greatly appreciated!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom