Definitive list of AHC maintenance items (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Ordered 4 new Toyota OEM globes from http://www.amayama.com/. They were about $625 for ALL FOUR, plus $150 shipping from Japan. Took about 3 weeks to get here. I am very pleased!

Ordered 4 new Toyota OEM globes from http://www.amayama.com/. They were about $625 for ALL FOUR, plus $150 shipping from Japan. Took about 3 weeks to get here. I am very pleased!

That is a very good price. Unfortunately I can't find them on the site for my 1998 LX470 (UZJ100R-GNPGKQ, 2UZ-FE) or a similar model.

Could you post a direct link to the ones you bought, or post the exact description and part number?

Thanks.

EDIT:
I didn't drill down far enough. I found these two items;
http://toyota-general.epc-data.com/land_cruiser/uzj100r/8867/chassis/4805/49141A/ Part 49141-60010 ACCUMULATOR, FRONT SUSPENSION CONTROL
http://toyota-general.epc-data.com/land_cruiser/uzj100r/8867/chassis/4805/49151/ Part 49151-60010 ACCUMULATOR, REAR SUSPENSION CONTROL

Are these what you bought, two of each?

Currently AUD$172.80 each, AUD$691.20 total, plus shipping.

Last edited:
When I came home from work yesterday, there was a small package waiting.
The mini-VCI had arrived.
After installing the program on an older laptop with XP, following the video instructions, it works!!!! :clap:

Now I have to try to understand what it all tells me.
I cycled the AHC and when going from L --> N:
FR Height Control Sensor -0.8 mm
FL Height Control Sensor -0.8 mm
RR Height Control Sensor -2.0 mm
Front Pressure Sensor 8.9 Mpa-g
Rear Pressure Sensor 7.6 Mpa-g
Accumulator Press Sensor 10.0 Mpa-g

When going from N --> H:
FR Height Control Sensor 37.4 mm
FL Height Control Sensor 39.2 mm
RR Height Control Sensor 39.2 mm
Front Pressure Sensor 11.6 Mpa-g
Rear Pressure Sensor 7.8 Mpa-g
Accumulator Press Sensor 10.7 Mpa-g

Where is that post with the values again?

Roderick - I just plugged those part numbers in the website, waited a day for them to confirm the listed price was correct and then waited a couple weeks for the parts. Brand new, in the box OEM for like 1/3 of what the dealer wanted. Serious deal.

OK, found it on here:
Front 6.9 +/- 0.5 mpa --> mine is way out with 8.9
Rear 5.6 -- 6.7 mpa--> mine is way out with 7.6

I have to find a 30mm socket and adjust the torsion bars and see if I can get it down a bit.

OK, found it on here:
Front 6.9 +/- 0.5 mpa --> mine is way out with 8.9
Rear 5.6 -- 6.7 mpa--> mine is way out with 7.6

I have to find a 30mm socket and adjust the torsion bars and see if I can get it down a bit.

You're looking at about 0.2Mpa per turn! Happy cranking. All you can do for the rear is try trim packers, 10mm lowered my rear about 0.3Mpa IIRC, or new coils. How many Ks on your fluid? Fresh fluid and a good bleed never hurt an AHC system.

Sent from my iPhone using IH8MUD

From memory the fluid is 2 years old, around 20,000 kms.
I have to check the invoices though. It was done before I bought the car.
Car has now 243,300 kms on the clock.

From memory the fluid is 2 years old, around 20,000 kms.
I have to check the invoices though. It was done before I bought the car.
Car has now 243,300 kms on the clock.

I'd look at replacing the fluid, known baseline for piece of mind, recheck your pressures then adjust for mid spec. Else just crank the TBs and enjoy a smoother ride.

Sent from my iPhone using IH8MUD

What do you mean by "then adjust for mid spec"?

Try and achieve 6.9 front, 6.2 rear with vehicle unladen, full tanks of fuel, on level ground and wheels pointing straight ahead. Sent from my iPhone using IH8MUD

Ditto what Paddo said.

For the rears when I put stock nonAHC Landcruiser coils in mine it went from 9.4mPa down to 6.0... My vehicle has 100 litre LPG tank, rear bar and dual wheel carrier, front bar, winch etc.

And still have a working AHC?

Another thing.
Is it normal that with the cable attached the ABS is on?
Also after disconecting ths VSC TRC and VSC OFF lights are on.
Is there a sequence of connecting the cable? First laptop running, engibe on, connect cable?

Another thing.
Is it normal that with the cable attached the ABS is on?

No. Was the car running?

Also after disconecting ths VSC TRC and VSC OFF lights are on.
Is there a sequence of connecting the cable? First laptop running, engibe on, connect cable?

No sequence I am aware of or that has caught me out.

But if VSC TRAC and VSC OFF lights are on, you should have diagnostic codes.

Use techstream to find them out. This will help determine what is going on. There are lots of components in these systems that can cause VSC to not be used - wheel speed sensors, etc.

But get those trouble codes, and then we can see what your best route of diagnosis is. It can be simple (sensor wire broken). It can be ugly (ECU issue). And everything in between.

Cheers
Andrew.

The car was running when these lights were flashing. Will try again today before the oil change.

Code cleared and oil is draining.
Can't see how to change the steering valeu. Also the only item I can change in customising is the tilting of the steering wheel.

Didn't check.

Finally had time to do something.
I turned the TB 5 turns and this is the result.

FR Height Control Sensor -1.2 mm
FL Height Control Sensor -3.6 mm
RR Height Control Sensor -4.2 mm
Front Pressure Sensor 7.5 Mpa-g
Rear Pressure Sensor 7.2 Mpa-g
Accumulator Press Sensor 10.3 Mpa-g

Almost there with the front.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom