December ROTM 2014 - Red Creek 12/28/2014 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Saddletramp

GOLD Star
Threads
It's hard to believe it was three years ago that we made the Red Creek run with the group. This has always been a favorite of mine so I would like to invite those interested to join me on this run, Sunday December 28th.

Meeting place is going to be Pinnacle Peak General Store at Pinacle Peak and Pima road (South West corner gas station is behind the store), I'm assuming it's still there.

Meeting time is 08:15 and departure from station is 08:30. We will not be seeing difficult wheeling unless something has changed since three years ago other than the usual creek sand bars. Scenery is second to none but it is a long dirt road to get there. I am tenatively thinking we will be back in town between 5PM and 6PM but no one really knows for sure.

Stay tuned, we will be watching the weather.

Last edited:
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
With proper supervision by our resident parts supplier extraordinaire there was rock rail testing and vintage cruisers. Who knows what we might see this time.

Some vehicles with low ground clearances may incur some scraping but the run has been done in stock height cruisers with little to no bruising, depending on the driver and how well they follow direction.

Last edited:
:bounce2:I look forward to another Red Creek trip! Im there :steer:

I know Saddletramp would agree: We encourage members (or those not yet, but considering on becoming members) that havent been on a run to join up and have fun in the outdoors with their LandCruiser. Family and dog friendly if youd like to bring them too...guaranteed a good time!

Well I'm hoping it is not too rough or it might damage my running board sliders:).

I'm down to only 3 sets left ;)

image.jpg
As I recall, it is not easy but we did get a stock mini truck through the sluice a few years back. I know rain the last few years can completely change the obstacles.

ive wanted to do this and can never make it work. I'll try to make it this time.

Definitely in for this run. Thanks for taking ROTM,

Well I'm hoping it is not too rough or it might damage my running board sliders:).

I'm down to only 3 sets left ;)

I had spare set for my 100 series which I never got around to using before it was replaced by our mega transporter. Looking at the second picture not sure how well a running would fair. Would it cause more damage to the floor where they attach than saving the rocker.:hmm:

Don't worry. Running boards broker standby here.

Doubt you would have the running boards I need for my new toy. Not a 80 series, not even a LC or white. Quick search on CL I see running boards are available. I am on the fence about this run. First time in twelve years I have a 4X4 in the valley I feel I could use.

I had spare set for my 100 series which I never got around to using before it was replaced by our mega transporter. Looking at the second picture not sure how well a running would fair. Would it cause more damage to the floor where they attach than saving the rocker.:hmm:

For trail difficulty clarity - The 2nd picture was an optional line

Wish I could make this trip, but I'll be in Bakersfield with the in-laws.

Will be out of town and will miss this one but was a great run last year when I did it - long day but well worth it...

There is a map or a FS road number?

I would like to look at it on my topos.

Thank you very much kind sir.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom