Dealer didn't replace AHC fluid? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
When my truck was due for a 60K mile service last year, they were supposed to change the AHC fluid as part of the factory-recommended item for 60K miles. However going back to the service record and realize that they've listed all the parts that were replaced but no sign of AHC fluid. Oil, oil filter, key battery, cabin air filter, engine air filter, brake fluid, and oil bolt gasket were all listet but AHC fluid was nowhere to be found. Also the service advisor said that the all the differential fluids were also replaced, but no where to be found on the service record.

Does this mean those items weren't replaced? I want to get a second opinion before I replace them myself while I have the time. Thanks!

Capture.JPG

Last edited:
Why not just call them and ask?

Looks like I screwed you over because this was one of your L certified services that are paid for by the factory I’d call him back and raise hell

When my truck was due for a 60K mile service last year, they were supposed to change the AHC fluid as part of the factory-recommended item for 60K miles. However going back to the service record and realize that they've listed all the parts that were replaced but no sign of AHC oil. Oil, oil filter, key battery, cabin air filter, engine air filter, brake fluid, and oil bolt gasket were all listet but AHC fluid was nowhere to be found. Also the service advisor said that the all the differential oil were also replaced, but no where to be found on the service record.

Does this mean those items weren't replaced? I want to get a second opinion before I replace them myself while I have the time. Thanks!
I don't see any mention of transfer case fluid change either. Make sure they use the Toyota fluid, 75W v. 75W-90 as used for the diff's.

How many miles are you at now? You can easily pull a sample of the current fluid from the driver front accumulator.

How many miles are you at now? You can easily pull a sample of the current fluid from the driver front accumulator.
It has 85,000ish now. So it has been 25k miles from when they were supposed to replace the fluid. I'll go check right now

It has 85,000ish now. So it has been 25k miles from when they were supposed to replace the fluid. I'll go check right now

Any tubing around 1/4" will work. Use a lighter to heat up the tube if it's too small ID.

Try to get about 6oz out of you can. Shouldn't be anywhere near black after 25k miles.

I doubt it was done since it wasn't listed (nor the diff fluids.)

I just open up the rear pump/tank cover and base on the dust pattern on the white knob and the condition that is in,. Im 95% confident that area was never touched by anyone. I can confirm for certain tomorrow when I I get a chance to drain some fluid out since it's getting dark. 🤬🤬🤬 This is another example of why I don't trust dealers.

Seems like lots of people write about dealers refusing to touch the AHC system even when specifically requested. The diffs are a whole different thing.. there is no way they can say they are uncomfortable working on them as it’s been the same parts on various toyotas/lexii for decades

The problem is that 60k service is part of LCertified and I already paid for it as part of being certified.

The problem is that 60k service is part of LCertified and I already paid for it as part of being certified.

Personally, I would not lift a finger. Bring it back to them and get them to do all that is missing. As you said... you PAID for the service already!

Since this has been a hassle for you, I would get them to throw in free accessories...all weather mats if you don’t appear have for example.

When my truck was due for a 60K mile service last year, they were supposed to change the AHC fluid as part of the factory-recommended item for 60K miles. However going back to the service record and realize that they've listed all the parts that were replaced but no sign of AHC fluid. Oil, oil filter, key battery, cabin air filter, engine air filter, brake fluid, and oil bolt gasket were all listet but AHC fluid was nowhere to be found. Also the service advisor said that the all the differential fluids were also replaced, but no where to be found on the service record.

View attachment 2310828
Since they replaced the cabin filter, you for sure need to check to see if the recirc function on the ventilation system works. If you’re not sure, open the glove box, remove the access door and see if the white flap moves when you turn recirc on and off.

On my car, which was also L Certified, they also "missed" the AHC fluid replacement. Standard dealer incompetence nowadays. I did it myself at around 70k miles. Didn't look bad but you would think the dealer would know to follow the manufacturer's service schedule since they get paid for the work.

On my car, which was also L Certified, they also "missed" the AHC fluid replacement. Standard dealer incompetence nowadays. I did it myself at around 70k miles. Didn't look bad but you would think the dealer would know to follow the manufacturer's service schedule since they get paid for the work.
Did you ever get back to the dealer about this?

Update:. So I brought the truck back to the dealer to get the AHC fluid changed ..at no charge....upon closer inspection after I got home and notice that the 4 bleeder valves where untouched. So it's either they didn't do it correctly by just replaced the fluid in the reservoir or possibly didn't even do it at all. At this point I don't even want them to touch my truck again...ever.

Update:. So I brought the truck back to the dealer to get the AHC fluid changed ..at no charge....upon closer inspection after I got home and notice that the 4 bleeder valves where untouched. So it's either they didn't do it correctly by just replaced the fluid in the reservoir or possibly didn't even do it at all. At this point I don't even want them to touch my truck again...ever.

IMG_20200620_170756.jpg

IMG_20200620_170732.jpg

IMG_20200620_170658.jpg

IMG_20200620_170629.jpg

Dealer service ain’t all it’s made out to be. There are a few good ones out there but they are few and far between.

This is probably the number one reason I would hesitate to buy a high mileage (120K+) LX. Very hard to tell if AHC has been done and even if it has been your odds are about 50/50 it was done right.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom