Dead FJ62 - no power to anything…. (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I have a question about how to diagnose an electrical problem on a 1988 FJ62. When I turn the key I get nothing. No lights, no beeps, no dome, nothing. Acts like the battery is disconnected.

I replaced the break master cylinder and booster over the weekend, and left the cruiser keys in and on accessory all afternoon. When we finished, the the battery was too low to turn the engine over, so we jumped it to get it to start. Started right up, test drove it and the breaks are like new!

Today it’s dead- nada! Perhaps the battery is just drained, but surely I’d at least get a dash light or a beep. Ran a multimeter voltage on the battery and it’s showing 12.6V.

I want to start by testing continuity on the fuse box. If I pull out a fuse and put a multimeter probe on each side, It’s it expected that there would be continuity across the circuit…and if I do not have continuity, there may be a problem in that specific circuit? Noob question - I’m new to this!!

F6417371-21F6-4012-8590-187072E04F88.jpeg

Last edited:
check the fusible links off the + battery terminal

Soooo…I’m dumb, but I’ve got to own it here in case it helps someone else.

Upon changing my brake booster and master cylinder, I bleed and test drive - the break light button near the break pedal was a hair trigger that loosened up…and since I back into my garage and I’m apparently oblivious, I did not see that the brake lights remained on. I drained my battery…super dead.

After stressing and assuming an electrical issue, as dummy check, I swapped in my Tacoma battery and it fired right up! That’s when I noticed the persistent brake light…5 minute fix to adjust the break light button. I hope my stupidity help some kindred spirit in the future!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom