Dead alternator (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

C-Dan -

Is the 1FZ alt (27060-66070-84) 80 or 90A (or ?) ?

Presumably, this is a Denso ?

Are there any other OEM alt options for the 1FZ ?

Thanks, R -

R-

I don't recall the amperage off the top. I think it's a 90.
Yes, it's Nippondenso.
No, no other factory choices (in North America any way)

D-

[quote author=NW-sickboy link=board=2;threadid=4753;start=msg36014#msg36014 date=1062097221]
my rig has 134K (by the way its a 97) and i dont want to do just brushes (although) i wish the PO had done it at around 100K. any one else want to chime in.
[/quote]
The &#039:Denso stuff is indestructable. Just replace the brushes. I still have the 30 yr old 'denso alt. in my 40, replaced the brushes and its still going strong. Not to mention its been submerged a coupla times.

Just replaced the brushes in my Audi's Denso. You'd think they'd last more than 200k :D

Well, I will replace the brushes in my 80 once I pull this one.

Always good to have a spare :D

trickle charging my poor dead optima now :mad:

looks like I have the 80 amp in and the one I took out was 80 as well.

I am within spec on the pricing less shipping.

I too have the Mean Green Starter and Alt. I can't say that I have noticed a huge difference in either one. Other then the starter, the factory one after installing the turbo would apparently get hot and after running awhile and stopping for gas (shutoff engine) I would get nothing when I turned the key. Open the hood and let her cool off about 10 minutes and she would fire right up. This has not happened since I installed the Mean Green Starter. I guess a test for the alt would be to get myself good and stuck this weekend and see what the amp gauge shows while I am winching :). I know what it did before, after about 10 seconds the red light would come on and I would have to stop for a few seconds before hitting the winch again. I was fearful of frying the alt. That was running off the main one battery when all I had was the one battery.

Yomama

okay, so I just drove my truck after replacing the alternator and I have to say there is a significant difference!

I think I may have had this thing going bad for a while (which would explain 0% on the brand new red top optima).

Smoother acceleration, better power...me happy!

She is out there on the trickle charger now...red top is at 40% already..looks like I didn't kill the battery.

Excelent outcome. :) I wasn't trying to spook you on the choices it's just that I've been bit by that particular one before and I'm twice shy now. ;)

I appreciate the help! (you never scared me :D)

I knew the moment I realized the alt died that I was spending money, so I would rather do it right than end up redoing it all again.

I have learned my lesson in that regard many times over.

Again, thanks for your time!

(Oh yeah, now I have a spare once I rebuild this one...looks like the voltage regulator on the outside is toast and brushes will be done as well)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom