Dash Recall GX470 (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Mine is pretty cracked above the glovebox as well. Not surprising... It's super sun faded as well. Which makes sense considering it spent the first 100K miles of it's life in sunny California! I'll need to look into this recall!!

Mine is pretty cracked above the glovebox as well. Not surprising... It's super sun faded as well. Which makes sense considering it spent the first 100K miles of it's life in sunny California! I'll need to look into this recall!!

Get on the waiting list pronto, its already a multi month wait.

Btw, our truck is affectionately known as the Flexasaurus Lex. We should meet up and it could be like T-Rex vs the Indominus Rex in Jurassic World

Get on the waiting list pronto, its already a multi month wait.

Btw, our truck is affectionately known as the Flexasaurus Lex. We should meet up and it could be like T-Rex vs the Indominus Rex in Jurassic World

Nice. I had no idea... The wife and I named our rig and put the vinyl on it you see in my profile pic before I even considered how many GX470 builds existed. I promise we weren't trying to copy anyone!!

Next time we are down South with the T-Lex, we'll have to stop by SSS and check out F-Lex! Love your products, btw.

Just depends on your dealer, I called and had a new dash in 3 weeks.

Good to know! I'll contact the Lexus dealer closest to me (Fife, WA) to get on the list. I'm afraid it's going to be a longer wait than that considering that this is the Pacific NorthWest and there's no shortage of GX470's up here. But, I could be wrong!

Take it in and have the dealer look at it and put you on the wait list. It's literally that easy... But its probably close to a year long wait. I've been waiting over 6months and I'm still no where close to getting it done.

Sent from my XT1585

Take it in and have the dealer look at it and put you on the wait list. It's literally that easy... But its probably close to a year long wait. I've been waiting over 6months and I'm still no where close to getting it done.

Sent from my XT1585
Thanks for the tip, when Dan was over today he pointed out the Crack that has started

Just noticed a hairline crack right above the dash cluster 3 weeks ago, waiting on my replacement which should be another 4 weeks per dealer (Lexus of Bellevue) ;)

Last edited:
I need to take mine in to get it started but too busy!

Sent from my iPhone

I'm currently in the 70's after waiting over a year. It's a slow ongoing wait but will be worth it in the end.

Quick question guys..... We are looking for a GX for my wife. Most, if not all of the ones we have looked at have this dash problem. If we purchase used, will we then be able to take it to Lexus for this dash replacement?

I've waiting on my t4r dash since 2/1/16. You are still good I'm sure.

I picked the car up in June and it only had a few hair lines up by the gps. But last month my sister put her shoes on it which I told her to take off that it might damage it. Well there's a nice 4" crack started this week when it changed colder. The one owner before me and myself kept a windshield cover up but it did seam to help.

Just go to the dealer. Get in the system before may of 17

Been on the list since June 2016, called yesterday and I'm 35th in line. Dealer said they only get 3-4 per month done due to supply. Talk about dragging it out. I may try calling around to other dealers.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom