Dash Cams (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

BIC JET

GOLD Star
Threads
Anyone have an opinion on the one to get?

I'm curious as well. I've put a couple dash cams that cover the mirror and act as a screen in a couple other cars, but I'd rather not do that when the mirror is already auto-dimming and all that.

Just looking for legal protection mostly, and like Garmin. Front and rear camera? Combined camera? Wide angle?

Nobody has figured a way to access and record the existing camera system?

The existing cameras are terrible. Not worth hacking into them.
Makes sense. They also get slushed over pretty quick in the winter. I might fabricate a spray cleaner for them and the radar

Makes sense. They also get slushed over pretty quick in the winter. I might fabricate a spray cleaner for them and the radar
My nephew is a mechanical engineer with the company that makes most of the washer jets for the automotive industry, they supply pretty much all of them. He says some Caddys have washer jets on the rear cameras that then blast a puff of air, every time the car is put in Reverse. So maybe source them there.

Thanks to all, picking up front and rear this week.

I got a hardwired 70mai dash cam with 2k resolution and GPS for $55. You can add rear cam for another $20. Beats a lot of $250+ cams.

Just looking for legal protection mostly, and like Garmin. Front and rear camera? Combined camera? Wide angle?

Nobody has figured a way to access and record the existing camera system?
I am trying to decide if I want front and rear....not making any movies, just want to have the recording if an accident were to occur.

Pulled the trigger on the Garmin 47. Works great and install was super simple.

Pulled the trigger on the Garmin 47. Works great and install was super simple.
Did you need any extra accessories like the suction cup, extra long power cord, or always on power?

Has anyone wired their dashcam to the rear view mirror power? I have a Dongar adapter on my Tacoma and it works great, but don't see too much info on folks using something similar for LC200's.

This one working for me.
Video quality it very good. hidden entirely by the front mirror, so it isn't in my peripheral vision (which was an install requirement for me).
Simple install over to and down the a pillar, loop below the airbag then down to the amplifier area under the left (US driver) seat, where you can tap power easily.
It has an app that work fine for accessing the video, pulling files, etc.

This one working for me.
Video quality it very good. hidden entirely by the front mirror, so it isn't in my peripheral vision (which was an install requirement for me).
Simple install over to and down the a pillar, loop below the airbag then down to the amplifier area under the left (US driver) seat, where you can tap power easily.
It has an app that work fine for accessing the video, pulling files, etc.

Can you post a pic of where exactly you have it mounted? Mine is very similar in size and I am trying to figure out the best place to mount it without blocking any sensors and also not visible from the rear view mirror of the vehicle in front of me.

Can you post a pic of where exactly you have it mounted? Mine is very similar in size and I am trying to figure out the best place to mount it without blocking any sensors and also not visible from the rear view mirror of the vehicle in front of me.

I have the Garmin dash cam. Love it. Forgot model number…but it has the magnetic mount, which has never failed on me. Most windshield mount fall with weather changes / age. The Garmin mount is magic. It has never failed (aka cam falling down from windshield) in over 2 years of owning it.

After using other brands, I will never buy anything else.

I got a hardwired 70mai dash cam with 2k resolution and GPS for $55. You can add rear cam for another $20. Beats a lot of $250+ cams.

Like grinchy placement was a top consideration. I have the front only older model, but to my understanding the 70MAI front and rear model records both cams to the front memory card which is great as the rear only needs power. I havent done research on this in a while but i am upgrading to front and rear soon. I think garmin also does multi cam recording. I think they are wirelessly linked somehow? Can anyone share more on that?

Im not sure if my year LX has a larger mirror assembly for the radar / cam etc but here is my mount.
Anything lower and it would be very visible and in my direct line of sight. Anything further in would be restricted by the dot pattern.
Here it is, disregard the bulb reflection. The lens on this is offset just right.
Image quality specially at night is very good. It has a 30 min battery as well for parking events.

IMG_0909.jpeg
IMG_0910.jpeg
IMG_0911.jpeg

NVM its hardwired to front but still this is a great value and ive enjoyed mine for the last year without issue.

Link

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom