Danish landcruiser (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I'd get the cabin installed prior to dent fixing etc.. its just easier at a good height, on a rolling platform and well secured - plus there's no chance you'll put in new dents afterwards as you store it, move it around, then drop it into place on the chassis.
That's what I ended up doing. So I like your advice!

Anyone recognize these four switches below the wheel?

PXL_20230301_181220854.jpg

Things have speeded up as I decided to try and get the engine running prior to becoming a father this July.

So basically I'm working on the car every time I have a chance now.

A i had finished putting the engine back together I noticed som rust around the thermostat housing. So I took it apart, cleaned it, made new gaskets, bought new copper rings and threw it back together.

Before I assembled it I tested the thermostat valve which still worked perfectly.

The dash pad had a fair bit of surface rust on the bottom side. Cleaned it off with a wire brush and painted it. Waiting for some leather to cover the top side.

The heater control cable was broken because the hinges in the heat control system were stuck. So I made a new cable out of a choker cable. Works like a charm.

At the moment I'm awaiting a new battery tray and a new windscreen. Saturday I'm driving to a guy who supposedly has two new looking front fenders. Can't wait!! Might try to start the engine this weekend. Here's some pictures.

PXL_20230306_180240455.jpg
PXL_20230306_180521928.jpg
PXL_20230301_190616880.jpg
PXL_20230306_164648346.jpg
PXL_20230306_165035919.jpg

Thanks a lot @cps432 🥳

Tried cranking the engine yesterday with no succes. The wipers were working but telling from their speed the battery was very low. Also the flasher relay was clicking like crazy.

Will give it a go again today/tomorrow.

Parallel to that I'm fixing up the dash board. See pics below. Cutting out all the bad stuff. Then foam. Then filler. Then sanding. Then vinyl leather with contact cement.

Exciting stuff!!!

PXL_20230309_125746906.jpg

PXL_20230309_142720965.jpg

PXL_20230311_143518843.jpg

PXL_20230311_144333195.jpg

Thanks a lot @cps432 🥳

Tried cranking the engine yesterday with no succes. The wipers were working but telling from their speed the battery was very low. Also the flasher relay was clicking like crazy.

Will give it a go again today/tomorrow.

Parallel to that I'm fixing up the dash board. See pics below. Cutting out all the bad stuff. Then foam. Then filler. Then sanding. Then vinyl leather with contact cement.

Exciting stuff!!!

View attachment 3270042

View attachment 3270043

View attachment 3270044

View attachment 3270045
That’s an interesting approach. I never thought of filling with expanding foam. I’ve only seen people using fiberglass and resin to reform the shape. I’m very interested to see how this turns out.

So far the foam worked well! It binds really well to the dash and has the same squishy-ness as the dash. Next up: filler!

Anyone knows where to find a connector for the water temperature switch? I need a kit like the one below. As an alternate I could repair the old one, but a new one would be nice.

See pics below the link.

PXL_20230314_153211146.jpg

PXL_20230314_160952592.jpg

So far the foam worked well! It binds really well to the dash and has the same squishy-ness as the dash. Next up: filler!

Anyone knows where to find a connector for the water temperature switch? I need a kit like the one below. As an alternate I could repair the old one, but a new one would be nice.

See pics below the link.

View attachment 3274711

View attachment 3274712
@ToyotaMatt runs Vintageteqparts.com and is probably your best source for wiring plugs/connector solutions. He certainly aims to get you back on the road. He should chime in here soon.

Only problem is that they don't ship to Denmark 😔
I just read the faq on the website. It seems that he does ship internationally. Perhaps there have been updates to his business and the faq hasn’t been updated yet. I’m sure this forum can find a way to get the parts to you. As of now the world still functions fairly normally and I don’t see why international shipping can’t happen somehow.

Bought a new fender (after market) but decided to try and repair the old one. It's pretty tricky. It makes you appreciate how lively the material is.

Filled out the dashboard today. Here's a couple of pics.

Didn't find a connector for the coolant temp. sensor, but I managed to fix the old one.

PXL_20230322_180924909.jpg

PXL_20230322_180934596.jpg

PXL_20230319_164759649.jpg

PXL_20230322_180903510.jpg

Why didn't you use the aftermarket fender you bought? Just curious as I am about to buy the aftermarket fender as well to repair one side. Easier then doing the body work.

Why didn't you use the aftermarket fender you bought? Just curious as I am about to buy the aftermarket fender as well to repair one side. Easier then doing the body work.
Good question. Because it does not fit perfectly and I would have to modify it a bit. Unfortunately. Also the quality of the original fender seems better. And last but not least because it's more fun (so far).

The engine is cranking!!! And well!!! Everything sounds good but it isn't firing up.

I have a pretty good idea why... The banjo screw that sits on the fuel manifold isn't connected fully. Mainly because Don't know what to connect it to.

The banjo screw sits in the position I marked on the first photo below. What does it connect to?? Anyone knows?

I have a spare fuel line (picture two below) that fits in that end, but there is nothing to connect it to in the other end.

Screenshot_20230325-162239~2.png

PXL_20230325_153640780.jpg

This is a great thread…good work.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom