Damn'it Christo - Another product that looks good (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

FJ80 v. FJ40 Birfield you can see the 80 bell is quite a bit larger.
Ryan.

Thanks for this pics Ryan .. the diference it's huge .. ! ( I never compare side to side )

Chad,
Check poly performance. I've been reading and talking to alot of people about this.

While we're on the subject, is there any hard evidence as to how much the life can be extended in the Chromo stuff if one is to run a part-time setup. Maybe some 40/60 guys can chime in.

I just did the hub to flange swap in my 91 with HD Newfields. The part number was 43421-60040 and don't forget the grease cap 43423-35010

I just did the hub to flange swap in my 91 with HD Newfields. The part number was 43421-60040 and don't forget the grease cap 43423-35010

The first part number is the flange.

Are not posible keep the hubs with those new newfields . ?

We put in Longfield birfields and his axles in front and so far they have taken plenty of abuse in stride. This 80 will be at Marlin's Roundup next and I foresee no problems. We have 5.29 gearing from Yukon. No clicking on Long's birfs yet.

Dave

While these are nice and will probably be useful for some, when it comes to things like drive shafts, axle shafts, and birfields, I am still an adherent to the "weakest link" theory that Mark Algazy wrote about a couple of years ago in TT....

Engineer your weakest link so that you can easily work around it or fix it for cheap.

Axle shafts are cheap. Drive shafts are cheap. Extra birfs are cheap too.

I just keep a few of these in the rig and use/replace as necessary.

I have a pair of Newfields that were a replacement for the old pair of worn Newfields under warranty.
I think they are around 4 yrs old. At that time I was told they were redesigned.
Did they have the HD Newfileds back 4yrs ago?
How would I tell if I have the HD or regular birs?

What is the difference between the HD and regular?

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom