For Sale Czech Republic: 2008 HZJ76 with only 13 kilometers from new! (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Really only a novelty for us here in the US, but it's over 15 years old so could be imported into Canada legally.

2008 HZJ76 originally owned by the UN but never put into service. Has only 13 kilometers on it. Not 13 thousand, just 13 actual kilometers (that's 8 miles). Effectively a brand new car. Shows some signs of "shelf wear", and has some modifications done (presumably) by Toyota Gibralter Stockholdings (TGS). Original split rims with 15 year old tires. Roof rack, jerry can, spare tire carrier, rear/side step for rack access, and snorkel are OEM Toyota. Bumpers and fire extinguisher are TGS supplied. Has a/c and heat. Doesn't appear to have locking differentials.

Located in the Czech Republic. About 1200kms from the port at Zeebrugge, from there it could go anywhere in the world (except, sadly, the US).

Seller is asking 64,900Euro, which is about US$71,000 today. Figure about another $5k to get it to your house from Czech and you won't be far off.

Some photos for posterity:

2.jpg
6.jpg
7.jpg
9.jpg
12.jpg

Just I want some clarification if you don't mind
Is it every 15 years old vehicle can be imported to Canada? Or every 15 years old vehicle that located in usa can be imported to Canada?

Some time back on some search I can’t remember I saw about 10 of these in bonded port in holland. I read they were Africa spec and couldn’t be used in Europe. They had to be exported. Since they weren’t eligible for US import I didn’t inquire but the info didn’t totally make sense to me (is there really a diesel Toyota made that cannot be used in eu ? ) anyway they were all just a few KM and made for UN

This is AWESOME (or insane, I suppose), thanks for posting @gilmorneau - this is 99% sure to be Ali's brother: Ali, the 2008 HZJ76 - https://forum.ih8mud.com/threads/ali-the-2008-hzj76.1272844/
There were two for sale when I was bidding, one with 11km on the odo, one with 12km. This would be the one which used to have 11km.
This is not a TGS vehicle, it's a Dubai vehicle. It has all the same features as mine, "Well-fit" seat covers, Icon automotive front and rear bumpers, etc.
If anybody is interested in buying, please feel free PM me. I have a ton of inspection photos from way back when and my comments.

This is AWESOME (or insane, I suppose), thanks for posting @gilmorneau - this is 99% sure to be Ali's brother: Ali, the 2008 HZJ76 - https://forum.ih8mud.com/threads/ali-the-2008-hzj76.1272844/
There were two for sale when I was bidding, one with 11km on the odo, one with 12km. This would be the one which used to have 11km.
This is not a TGS vehicle, it's a Dubai vehicle. It has all the same features as mine, "Well-fit" seat covers, Icon automotive front and rear bumpers, etc.
If anybody is interested in buying, please feel free PM me. I have a ton of inspection photos from way back when and my comments.

I think it has no diff-lock if I'm not wrong

We also don't have a diff lock.

Yes I know because Toyota or the agent dealer didn't add diff-lock switch in LC78 and LC76

Land cruiser 70 pick up definitely has the diff lock while the 3 doors version was the diff lock available since 2020 or 2021 before that the diff lock wasn't available in the 3 doors version

Some time back on some search I can’t remember I saw about 10 of these in bonded port in holland. I read they were Africa spec and couldn’t be used in Europe. They had to be exported. Since they weren’t eligible for US import I didn’t inquire but the info didn’t totally make sense to me (is there really a diesel Toyota made that cannot be used in eu ? ) anyway they were all just a few KM and made for UN
There are hundreds of them sitting in Belgium and the Netherlands , are all intended to be sold to NGO's or buyers outside of Europe as these are outlawed in Europe because of emmisions . They start around 40k new from these export dealers but unfortunately you have to provide a location where they legally can export it to .

True but those are all current production and not available to the US or Canada. The beauty of the one in this thread is that it’s old enough for some lucky Canadian to import. Here in the US we’d need to wait 10 more years to bring it in under most circumstances.

So much want. Soooooo much.

True but those are all current production and not available to the US or Canada. The beauty of the one in this thread is that it’s old enough for some lucky Canadian to import. Here in the US we’d need to wait 10 more years to bring it in under most circumstances.
Honestly I would rather search high and low for one of the early VDJ76 and wait a few years longer then import a hzj76 as the first thing you want to do is swap the engine with something faster . The 1HZ is just fine in the short and middies but the extra weight and size for the 76/77 and 78/79 make it feel to slow to keep up with trafic . The VDJ would be perfect.

So much want. Soooooo much.
I hear ya, man. I sat here trying to figure out how I could get it for a fair time before I posted it here. Couldn't come up with anything very practical.

There are hundreds of them sitting in Belgium and the Netherlands , are all intended to be sold to NGO's or buyers outside of Europe as these are outlawed in Europe because of emmisions . They start around 40k new from these export dealers but unfortunately you have to provide a location where they legally can export it to .
I’m sure you know but maybe some others haven’t seen Toyota Gibraltar Toyota Gibraltar Stockholdings (TGS) - 4x4 vehicles for aid agencies - https://toyota-gib.com/

This is very interesting. This is one of two identical trucks that a friend and I looked at at here in Dubai a couple of years ago, one of which I bid on and the other that our friend @janyyc bid on and bought and has been posting about on here and is now in a container to Canadia.

Here's the proof:
Emirates Auction original photo:
1688618922442.png

Look closely at the damage at the right side of the bezel.

Here is a photo from the European ad:
1688618988813.png

1688619037173.png

EA photo:
1688619080309.png

European ad:
1688619140559.png

Same truck. VIN is JTEEB71J807003862. It had 11km on it when it was sold here in Dubai.

There's no doubt in my mind either that it's the same one...
They haven't even bothered replacing the crusty 15-year-old tires, which are mounted on the rim in the exact same orientation...

Czech:

e99a2c73-a962-46f6-9a34-c5069cc950e6.jpeg

Dubai:

image-2.jpg

In case somebody does buy this, be prepared to replace absolutely everything rubber or containing rubber components. I thought I replaced it all shortly after buying, but since then the rubber gods have showed themselves a few times in trivial (e.g. barn door stop) or serious (e.g. brake valve) matters.

Last edited:
B
There's no doubt in my mind either that it's the same one...
They haven't even bothered replacing the crusty 15-year-old tires, which are mounted on the rim in the exact same orientation...

Czech:

View attachment 3366673

Dubai:

View attachment 3366674

In case somebody does buy this, be prepared to replace absolutely everything rubber or containing rubber components. I thought I replaced it all shortly after buying, but since then the rubber gods have showed themselves a few times in trivial (e.g. barn door stop) or serious (e.g. brake valve) matters.

But that an expensive asking price for an old 2008 land cruiser

Honestly I would rather search high and low for one of the early VDJ76 and wait a few years longer then import a hzj76 as the first thing you want to do is swap the engine with something faster . The 1HZ is just fine in the short and middies but the extra weight and size for the 76/77 and 78/79 make it feel to slow to keep up with trafic . The VDJ would be perfect.

You'll be waiting for a long time for a VDJ76... those were only available in LHD starting in 2017, and relatively few have been sold (c/w a VDJ76 in Australia). Might as well just buy a new one and warehouse it for 25 years.

B

But that an expensive asking price for an old 2008 land cruiser
The asking price is just that: an asking price. However, I can imagine there will be some interest. Beyond the fact that LHD 76-series are rare, it's also old enough to be imported into some countries, and additionally is already registered in Europe, where one cannot buy one new either.

The asking price is just that: an asking price. However, I can imagine there will be some interest. Beyond the fact that LHD 76-series are rare, it's also old enough to be imported into some countries, and additionally is already registered in Europe, where one cannot buy one new either.

If it hard to find one take LHD LC79 until become old enough

IMG_20230427_103820.jpg

IMG_20230427_104719.jpg

IMG_20230427_104701.jpg

IMG_20230427_104739.jpg

IMG_20230427_105048.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom