For Sale Czech Republic: 2008 HZJ76 with only 13 kilometers from new! (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Really only a novelty for us here in the US, but it's over 15 years old so could be imported into Canada legally.

2008 HZJ76 originally owned by the UN but never put into service. Has only 13 kilometers on it. Not 13 thousand, just 13 actual kilometers (that's 8 miles). Effectively a brand new car. Shows some signs of "shelf wear", and has some modifications done (presumably) by Toyota Gibralter Stockholdings (TGS). Original split rims with 15 year old tires. Roof rack, jerry can, spare tire carrier, rear/side step for rack access, and snorkel are OEM Toyota. Bumpers and fire extinguisher are TGS supplied. Has a/c and heat. Doesn't appear to have locking differentials.

Located in the Czech Republic. About 1200kms from the port at Zeebrugge, from there it could go anywhere in the world (except, sadly, the US).

Seller is asking 64,900Euro, which is about US$71,000 today. Figure about another $5k to get it to your house from Czech and you won't be far off.

Some photos for posterity:

2.jpg
6.jpg
7.jpg
9.jpg
12.jpg

You'll be waiting for a long time for a VDJ76... those were only available in LHD starting in 2017, and relatively few have been sold (c/w a VDJ76 in Australia). Might as well just buy a new one and warehouse it for 25 years.

The asking price is just that: an asking price. However, I can imagine there will be some interest. Beyond the fact that LHD 76-series are rare, it's also old enough to be imported into some countries, and additionally is already registered in Europe, where one cannot buy one new either.
Sometimes it’s better to wait , honestly I would rather have a KZJ78 then a HZJ76 . I really do like the 1HZ in the short and mid wheel base but for some reason in the long wheel base models the 1HZ feels so disappointing to me . I already owned a HZJ76 and HZJ78 a few years ago so I am not repeating some hearsay or stuff I read online I actually put some miles on them an the 78 ended up with a ft in it which made it capable of keeping up with trafic here in the US

They say there is an ass for every seat so they might just get their asking price but that still doesn’t mean that it is a good deal .

The price was a very personal calculus during the auction. As I was not a winning bidder I won't reveal here what the selling price was in the Dubai auction. During the bidding I was thinking about how long it would be before I could bring in the US. I think the value was definitely there notwithstanding @janyyc 's comments re needing to replace all rubber. I'm quite use to that with the poor old trucks I usually buy. But it was not a good deal for -me-.

There's no doubt in my mind either that it's the same one...
They haven't even bothered replacing the crusty 15-year-old tires, which are mounted on the rim in the exact same orientation...

Czech:

View attachment 3366673

Dubai:

View attachment 3366674

In case somebody does buy this, be prepared to replace absolutely everything rubber or containing rubber components. I thought I replaced it all shortly after buying, but since then the rubber gods have showed themselves a few times in trivial (e.g. barn door stop) or serious (e.g. brake valve) matters.
From your experience, how much extra do you think a potential buyer should expect spend to please the rubber god?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom