Cut "N" Turn 80 series rear Full Float axle (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Has anyone cut and turned a rear 80 series FF axle housing. I need to cut and turn a housing I measured back 5/8 from flange and started cutting I'm already quite deep and am not able to see any transition into another piece of material.

I assumed it was a bung pressed into a tube kind of thing but now I'm worried it's a different setup and I'm gonna end up cutting right through housing. Any one have any experience on this housing I've turned plenty of fronts but never a rear

What are you talking about? You want to cut all the brackets on a 80 axle off and re weld them on at a different angle? Or leaf spring perches? Why would you need to cut the axle tubes to rotate the pinion up?
I’m so confused.

I have to run steep pinion angle but need to keep E brake system so I want to move it basically its in the stock position again so cables are not hanging down beneath

Maybe you can modify the backing plate so the brake stay on the same level
I was hoping I could rotate it but alas no, it's cut already I just have to spin them now, probably on canada day, I didn't have any acetalene left so had to get that

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom