Custom 3d Printed Overhead Consoles for 80 Series (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

How difficult is it to run wires up to the overhead area, do you need to remove the headliner?

The pre-95 is absolutely terrible for wire options. I'd be interested to hear creative ways people have gotten wires to this area for those model years.

The pre-95 is absolutely terrible for wire options. I'd be interested to hear creative ways people have gotten wires to this area for those model years.
I pulled two pvc jacketed 4conductor wires and the control lead of the Auxbeam up there from the base of the B-pillar very easily using a device called a Magnapull

7E117DF1-FD72-4090-8A12-C36989EF3972.jpeg

I pulled two pvc jacketed 4conductor wires and the control lead of the Auxbeam up there from the base of the B-pillar very easily using a device called a Magnapull

View attachment 3551509

Thanks!

Hello all just an update I was able to order “spacers” for my wolfbox mount. The spacers allowed me a gap to access the memory card and cables underneath the 3-D printed center consul.
IMG_3666.jpeg
IMG_3667.jpeg

Nice! I'm so tempted to try one of these Wolfbox mirrors. Please let us know what you think of it!

@Ballsie , Please let me know if you design a console for the Yaesu FTM-400 faceplate!
Awesome Tool profile pic! I just started using the wolfbox so I can’t give too much of a review, but I will say it takes a minute to orient yourself with seeing a back up camera and not a reflection. It took me a minute to get used to that.

Not yaesu, but my kenwood v71 face plate is to long. For what it’s worth

Nice! I'm so tempted to try one of these Wolfbox mirrors. Please let us know what you think of it!

@Ballsie , Please let me know if you design a console for the Yaesu FTM-400 faceplate!
We can design pretty much anything that will fit the space. The FTM-400 faceplate is a tad tall for the console, but we can probably make it work.

We have had a couple folks send me their device and we designed a console to fit it. Installed their device in the console and mailed it back to the customer. There is an added design fee for a custom job. You are welcome to email me at jondavidball at gmail dot com if you want to discuss it.
Thanks!

I really like that amazon all in one thing has anybody found something similar but with exterior temp ,I'll email you my order prolly just a grey blank

How difficult is it to run wires up to the overhead area, do you need to remove the headliner?
Not all that hard on my 94. I just ran up a Switch Pros cable today. The hardest part is getting the cable and liner into place on the pilar so it doesn't bunch up when you put the weather seal back in. Taking off the OS handle and visor make it easier.

Word of this awesome product has made its way to the 60 Series forum. Any chance of a solution for the older brothers out there?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom