Custom 3d Printed Overhead Consoles for 80 Series (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I have started printing some overhead consoles for the 80 series trucks. There a few to choose from. Gray and tan/oak. Im planning making a few other designs. Maybe one for a CB radio, a blank plate so you can cut your own holes, and anything else that you guys might have a need for. Let me know what you think. You cannot use the factory sun visors with these. I have the LS400 visors on my trucks and the consoles work fine with them. They have the same footprint as the factory consoles with the aux fuel gauge/compass/altimeter that were available in the Japanese and European market. There are tapped holes in the roof for the rear mounting bolts, but I don't think they are really needed unless you plan to put something heavy in the console.

$105 Shipped in the lower 48.

This one has a hole for a 2” gauge along with a little display I found on Amazon. It has a clinometer, GPS speedo (KPH/MPH), GPS altimeter (feet/meters), GPS coordinates, voltage, compass, and clock. It retails for about $50 on Amazon. I have used it for a few months and it seems to work well.
Amazon product ASIN B08ZHDKQ6G
IMG_0557.JPG

IMG_0559.JPG

This one has 3 flat holes for 2” gauges
IMG_0618.JPG

This one is for a 2” gauge and an 8 port Auxbeam switch panel.

IMG_0615.JPG

IMG_0614.JPG

Last edited:
These look great! I’m planning a build… I’ll be in touch

I mounted a ham faceplate and some switches in a factory overhead console. I wish this was available at the time. It would have been so much easier to custom cut the holes I needed instead of working with the big opening of the factory console.
Excellent work.

Last edited:
ill take one in grey
Which one do you want? If you want one in RHD I will have to design it before it prints. It takes about 30 hours to print one.

RHD, Grey, for the thing from amazon , picture 2 and 3, locate the gauge on the left please.

RHD, Grey, for the thing from amazon , picture 2 and 3, locate the gauge on the left please.
I will get it designed and start the print tonight when I get home from work. I will PM you for your shipping details and send you a picture of it once it is done. Thanks!!!

Is there any way to make these in a way that will fit the factory visors?

Is there any way to make these in a way that will fit the factory visors?
I guess you could cut the factory visor. That little part that sticks out on the factory visor pretty much takes up the entire space where you could fit the gauges in the console. My console is basically the same size as the the Eurpoean/Japanese factory aux fuel gauge/altimeter consoles. The trucks that came with that option had smaller sun visors. sorry.

I guess you could cut the factory visor. That little part that sticks out on the factory visor pretty much takes up the entire space where you could fit the gauges in the console. My console is basically the same size as the the Eurpoean/Japanese factory aux fuel gauge/altimeter consoles. The trucks that came with that option had smaller sun visors. sorry.
I cut the factory visors to fit an overhead console using the procedure in post 1 of this thread. It’s easy.

I have started printing some overhead consoles for the 80 series trucks. There a few to choose from. Gray and tan/oak. Im planning making a few other designs. Maybe one for a CB radio, a blank plate so you can cut your own holes, and anything else that you guys might have a need for. Let me know what you think. You cannot use the factory sun visors with these. I have the LS400 visors on my trucks and the consoles work fine with them. They have the same footprint as the factory consoles with the aux fuel gauge/compass/altimeter that were available in the Japanese and European market. There are tapped holes in the roof for the rear mounting bolts, but I don't think they are really needed unless you plan to put something heavy in the console.

$100 Shipped in the lower 48.

This one has a hole for a 2” gauge along with a little display I found on Amazon. It has a clinometer, GPS speedo (KPH/MPH), GPS altimeter (feet/meters), GPS coordinates, voltage, compass, and clock. It retails for about $50 on Amazon. I have used it for a few months and it seems to work well.
Amazon product ASIN B08ZHDKQ6GView attachment 3251386
View attachment 3251410
This one has 3 flat holes for 2” gauges
View attachment 3251411

This one is for a 2” gauge and an 8 port Auxbeam switch panel.

View attachment 3251395

View attachment 3251405
Looking for gray LHD single round gauge on right side. Blank for the rest so I can cut out for other options.

Looking for gray LHD single round gauge on right side. Blank for the rest so I can cut out for other options.
I can do that. Currently on vacation with the family. I will get it designed and printed when I get home on Monday.

Great, not in a rush. If It takes a few weeks that's fine.
I just started your print job. Takes about 30 hours. I will be in touch. Thanks!

can you make it with Auxbeam and blank on the right? Or hell.. a sunglasses cubby? 😆

I can make a blank. I can se the Auxbeam on the side or in the middle.

I can make a blank. I can se the Auxbeam on the side or in the middle.

Great. Can you tell me the available footprint on the right side if we leave the Auxbeam in the same place?

I can get some measurements when I get home from work. What are you wanting to put in there? I might be able to design it so there will be no cutting. Im not sure how easy it will be to make a clean cut into the ABS plastic without it melting.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom