Cupholders (4 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I went with metal police issue cup holders. If there good enough for America's Finest, they are good enough for me. :D

P1010109.JPG

P1010113.JPG

Last edited:
MY version of cupholders

I got one of those Lexus cupholder accessories for $100 like 14 years ago but it keep breaking when the second row seats were lift up to get access to the 3rd row. So I changed it to the cheaper replacement which cost me $6 everytime someone breaks one (Amazon.com) It happened so far every 2 years or so. When I get tired of replacing it, I may change to the Fisher cupholder that can closed automatically. But I like the tan color that match the leather unlike the black fisher one that some members had.

I also put 2 in the 3rd row seats.:)
DSCN0058.jpg
DSCN0059.jpg

Last edited:
Slipping forward into 2017..... What's about now for cupholders? Plastic flimsy fold-out/down/around ones are no good. Those metal police car ones someone showed pics of look top notch and suit the 80's ruggedness.

What about to use the front space in a standard centre console? That's an obvious location for some sort of cup holder but it would only provide a single drink space.

Craig.

Slipping forward into 2017..... What's about now for cupholders? Plastic flimsy fold-out/down/around ones are no good. Those metal police car ones someone showed pics of look top notch and suit the 80's ruggedness.

What about to use the front space in a standard centre console? That's an obvious location for some sort of cup holder but it would only provide a single drink space.

Craig.
Serendipitous that you should ask... I have just finished designing this - it holds a cup (obviously!) and has a little pocket for a phone or parking stubs, or whatever. Not sure if it will hold a big gulp, because, well, ewww... but it does anchor a big green gatorade sports bottle pretty well. Please ignore the non-spotless condition of my show vehicle - if I had any staff I would flog them... :-D

I had someone ask me where they could get one of these - I suppose I could do a limited run if there's interest? What would be a reasonable price to charge without gouging but not wasting my time either? Anyone care to say what they'd pay for the above cupholder in black ABS?

I had someone ask me where they could get one of these - I suppose I could do a limited run if there's interest? What would be a reasonable price to charge without gouging but not wasting my time either? Anyone care to say what they'd pay for the above cupholder in black ABS?

I'm def interested. I have a tan interior. should I PM you?

Well crap... I have been really good at staying hidden and not posting info on my cup holders in a while. Business is good enough I don't need to rock the boat, but if we are tossing options on the table; I might as well have mine out there.
www.bh3dprinting.com
Here's the ones for the 80 series:

img_0895-jpg.1370545

I forgot to add; for mud members use coupon code "TEQ15" during checkout. That will give you 15% off the entire order and still allow for free shipping.

Well crap... I have been really good at staying hidden and not posting info on my cup holders in a while. Business is good enough I don't need to rock the boat, but if we are tossing options on the table; I might as well have mine out there.
www.bh3dprinting.com
Here's the ones for the 80 series:

img_0895-jpg.1370545

I have these in my cruiser and recommend them highly enough. Really well made product.

Those look good, Bhicks! I didn't know you had ones for the centre position. I'm not looking to compete with you, but if for some reason anyone prefers mine, they can PM me and I'll make it (I'm talking low volume, I have one machine!).

Those look good, Bhicks! I didn't know you had ones for the centre position. I'm not looking to compete with you, but if for some reason anyone prefers mine, they can PM me and I'll make it (I'm talking low volume, I have one machine!).
No worries. I remember the day of 1 machine. I'm almost up to 30 machines now. Life was a lot easier back then.

That's an excellent solution. My console is the basic type (no fridge, etc.) and as long as your holder can be turned around to insert either way (just thinking about so it could be setup with phone slot forwards), it could almost be semi-permanently secured to the front of the console structure with a simple bracket and screws so it won't come loose when off-roading.

I dunno if the gearstick would interfere with a large cup if your holder is fitted the other way around in a standard Aus-style (diesel + manual + non-fridge console) 80 setup. Who cares though - you're concept fits the space and looks almost like it's a factory accessory.

Most Oz 80's have the grey interior though the other style (brown) is fairly prevalent too.

See if you can link up with the Witsend folks and get commercial production going as there are no really good cupholder solutions for 80's currently. Din slot ones are hopeless IMHO. So silly that Toyota never thought to the future and actually created a factory console design with twin cupholders suitable for large coffee cups.

This is my 80 a week ago when I was finalising the installation of new Trufit vinyl flooring, underlay and resomat in the front footwell area. The metal bit and rubber boot around the gearstick and transfer case selector are factory parts, and you can see the fugly standard cupholder that Toyota supplies with the basic consoles. LHS of the drivers seat back is right up against that so it's a really awkward place to have a drink!

34834727595_298b41d194_b.jpg

flickr page

Craig.

Last edited:
That's an excellent solution. My console is the basic type (no fridge, etc.) and as long as your holder can be turned around to insert either way (just thinking about so it could be setup with phone slot forwards), it could almost be semi-permanently secured to the front of the console structure with a simple bracket and screws so it won't come loose when off-roading.

I dunno if the gearstick would interfere with a large cup if your holder is fitted the other way around in a standard Aus-style (diesel + manual + non-fridge console) 80 setup. Who cares though - you're concept fits the space and looks almost like it's a factory accessory.

Most Oz 80's have the grey interior though the other style (brown) is fairly prevalent too.

See if you can link up with the Witsend folks and get commercial production going as there are no really good cupholder solutions for 80's currently. Din slot ones are hopeless IMHO. So silly that Toyota never thought to the future and actually created a factory console design with twin cupholders suitable for large coffee cups.

This is my 80 a week ago when I was finalising the installation of new Trufit vinyl flooring, underlay and resomat in the front footwell area. The metal bit and rubber boot around the gearstick and transfer case selector are factory parts, and you can see the fugly standard cupholder that Toyota supplies with the basic consoles. LHS of the drivers seat back is right up against that so it's a really awkward place to have a drink!

34834727595_298b41d194_b.jpg

flickr page

Craig.
I ship to Australia almost every day. There is probably over 1000 80 series cup holders in Ausie now. I make a RHD version for the Ausie guys. It's an option on my etsy page. www.etsy.com/shop/bh3dprinting That's the page I do all international shipping through. My cup holders come in the factory tan and gray and on special request I can do the brown as well.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom