Cruiserparts.net.... (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

is it stuff you can't find elsewhere??

I've only ordered a few items, never a problem

try search a few others have had different opinions, mostly positive tho.

I've gotten plenty from them, been totally fine.

what are looking to get?

either way...I've had good luck with them, and order from them about a dozen times and never an issue. Mostly for that random stuff. and, of course, it's used...so be ready to clean up the stuff and make it prettier.

Some very good, some very bad. Be sure to outline exactly what you want and you expect to receive. Any more would be bashing.

On the up side their prices are fair and they're reliable. On the downside their communication is spotty and their turn-around can be slow. If you're not in a rush I wouldn't to hesitate to buy from them.

I agree with the statements above. I've ordered some stuff from them. Their idea of a clean part and my idea of a clean part didn't match. They are OK to business with. You might check the classifieds section here. There are a lot of folks parting rigs out. What do you need? I have a bunch of stuff (see my sig line for the link) also Cruiser Ken is parting a 60 out. I just bought some stuff from him and he's top notch. I've known him for years.

I've only ever had great luck with them. They shipped a hood straight to the body shop my truck was at because some punk kid stomped on my old one. Saved me a helluva lot of money, even after freight. Got there something like 3 days ahead of schedule too.

i've ordered a bunch from them. mostly smaller stuff. my largest item, both size and money wise was a complete upper hatch for a 60. asked for a decent one with faded red paint. ended up with a 62 hatch, had to switxh a few thngs around, but you can't tell that it's not original to the truck.
never a problem with them.

No problems here, great service and quality parts at a fair price.

Good information. Thanks, guys.

What I am searching for is a front fender for a 1988 FJ62 in the champagne color, and I have looked high and low for this and cannot seem to locate one. They happen to have one, but not in my color. They say that they can paint it to match for $ 75 more, but I don't know how much I trust their painting/matching abilities.

I may hold off and keep looking on here to see if I luck out and find one.

1. solw shipping (DHL) - poor packaging too
2. East coat=rust
3. Not so great communications
4. fair prices
5. high availability (most parts in stock)
6. if you can't find it locally they are a good source

Dynosoar:zilla:

I used them once a couple of years ago to buy new door shells and some other stuff, never again. Communication was terrible, packaging was worse, and shipping took several months. Plus I got stiffed for a couple of small parts. The only thing they did quick was charge my card. I'd pass and look closer in low rust areas surrounding you.

i ordered a front fender and it came with a decent sized dent in it. they said it could easily be fixed (not sure by who) and knocked off $25. i was a bit disappointed since i really wanted a straight fender.

i've had mostly good experiences though.

Expect filth. By filth, I mean not even wiped down, just pulled from a junker, boxed and shipped. Their excuse for that: "you want clean, you pay extra". Expect somewhat ragged out parts; virtually nothing in 'A' condition. Expect no tech support. If you start here, you'll be happy. Prices are always pretty good.

James is frequently accused of taking good, still servicable cruisers from the streets just to part out. Ethcially, that's a gray area, and a matter of legitimate differences of opinion, but your personal decision to make. Some are sentimental and want every decent cruiser restored or at least maintained. Others don't care and just want cheap used parts. Personally, I'm somewhere in the middle. The upside of that business practice: running examples become rarer and ultimately may make yours more valuable.

They are listed as $200 used on cruiserparts. You can get a new one from specter for $210.

Specter Off-Road-Land Cruiser Parts - Page 114-60, 62, 80 Series & FJ Cruiser Body Panels

I have used cruiserparts before and would agree with most of the general statements above.

Can be very difficult to speak to in person
Be very specific about what you expect
Dont be in a hurry.

I ordered a A/C compresser. The first three they shipped leaked. They last one was fine. They picked up the shipping each time but it was a long process. When I asked if they tested them before they shipped, they said no. If the truck came in with it working then they assumed it didnt leak.

I would have no issue ordering from them again as long as I was not in a hurry and it wasnt an electric part.

Hmmm. I'll probably keep looking on here then.

On a side note, are there any minute differences between a 60 and a 62 panel? I know that the light housings may be different as well as the front valance underneath. The 62 one seems to have a slight "flare" that the 60 does not have.

I have dealt with them twice. Once was good, once was bad. Just make sure you are VERY, VERY clear about what it is you want.

1. solw shipping (DHL) - poor packaging too
2. East coat=rust
3. Not so great communications
4. fair prices
5. high availability (most parts in stock)
6. if you can't find it locally they are a good source

Dynosoar:zilla:
All correct. It is the lack of help that causes them issues which leads to communication issues. James seems to be really honest but if you order anything be sure to tell them this is your daily driver and you need the parts ASAP.

Fair, reasonably priced, responsive but depending on the parts they can be a bit rusty.

I tried to order once, but discovered that the website may not represent their inventory. I called and was going to pick up an axle listed on the site, but they didn't have one. So, definitely call.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom