Crown stapler recommendations? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

chupacabra
Threads
My wife needs an 18-gauge, 1/4" crown stapler, to build/assemble some bee hives. Thinking of going with this Milwaukee cordless electric model, since I already have some other M18 tools and batteries:

https://www.northerntool.com/shop/tools/product_200814087_200814087

Are there any others that I should consider instead? Have an air compressor so an air tool is also an option. Thinking that the cordless electric one might be easier for her to handle though.

Thanks for any experience/insight you may have.

Most of my air tools are Hitachi but they’re older ones and they’re great. I have no experience with the metabo rebranded stuff but I can’t imagine it being bad. Those battery powered ones are nice but are much heavier.
I think it comes down to if you have electricity nearby.

I’ve made the mistake of buying cheap air staplers before and found later staples are hard to find. In the US you can find Arrow brand staples at every hardware store. I’m pretty certain Arrow staples are a common standard. Air powered guns are cheap and light. That’s my vote.

I have Bosch pneumatic version that's very lite and nimble. Since you already own Milwaukee batteries, that's certainly an advantage but it will come with some weight, on the other hand Mrs. 1911 might not appreciate managing an air hose.

My nailers and staplers are all pneumatic - Bostitch and Dewalt. I agree with getting something that uses standard staples. Since you have the air compressor, the pneumatic versions are likely going to be a bit cheaper and lighter, although the hose can be a bit of an obstacle for some people. Otherwise I'd go with something that uses your existing Milwaukee batteries.

The Mrs. says that she doesn't have to build the hives on site; they are moveable after, and she could build them in or near the shop. So I am leaning towards the air one @KLF mentioned because the cost is almost 1/4 of the Milwaukee electric one. Plus I just like air tools.

Thanks everyone for the advice and recommendations.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom