Cross Posting Fuel bleeding post (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads

Folks, I had some challenges getting my fuel system bled but here's is an update 1979 HJ45 H engine:

I finally got both filters bled (one aftermarket with sight glass), I also bled at each fuel rail connection. I think I got all the air out, but I am not sure, I haven't figured out how I can tell. I do have some issues still but the truck does run again.

While the engine stays on, and I can drive it around the neighborhood, I lack power (could be a different issue). I can shift gears and it will idle but sounds and feels a little rougher than usual but I cannot get the truck to accelerate well. It seems to bog down at 2nd-3rd gear underpowered. I got a suggestion to check the banjo connection screen, replace all fuel filters (aftermarket done, stock looks clean but I'll replace).

Any further suggestions I will take them.

As far as the priming pump, if it does not get stiff after many pumps would this create a lack of pressure at the pump? I think this could be my issue, but I would love to learn more as this is my first time messing with the whole system.

Thanks

Rather than split the conversation across two threads.. I've just responded in your original thread:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom