Craigslist- VXR trim? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

there is no 4 runner dash in that craigslist add. Who posted that! lol
Yes there is, this is the photo from the ad and apparently it's an '03-'08 4Runner dash and steering wheel

44590BCE-6D94-4A7A-A9F6-D48B94C130B9-25029-00001807FF100D60.jpeg

@Dwight S The photo I posted earlier was from a 2003 4Runner that I was using for comparison purposes.

if you don't drive over there. Someone not posting probably already is. I would have at 4 hours. Even if the year is wrong. When people list grey market cars weird stuff happens in vin fields on websites. Nothing seems odd about that LC. The year is wrong though.

it's entirely possible that grey market did not have the phone buttons.
I have a sterring wheel that looks just like that. Most 4 runner and prado wheels fit LC, but those dash pictures in the add are not from a 4 runner.
Yes there is, this is the photo from the ad and apparently it's an '03-'08 4Runner dash and steering wheel

View attachment 1537769

@Dwight S The photo I posted earlier was from a 2003 4Runner that I was using for comparison purposes.

Last edited:
The dealership that I bought my Cruiser from keeps 6-7 on the lot at all times. I get a phone call one day that they got a Nav-less late model 100 in. It was beautiful and it turns out, it originally came from Puerto Rico I believe, and was brought back by original owner. He sold it to a local guy with the promise he would call them first if he wanted to sell it. They are out there, and it appears this is another unicorn type truck!

Last edited:
Let's just say its an import if thats the case you cant legally register it and drive it for on road use then you are just asking for the gov't to come and turn it into a tiny cube of metal. 25 years or older in the US Canada can bring in some early 100 series but thats it.

If this is a 2005 Unicorn I'd like it for my collection!

But Watch out for this one guy's & gals. It's now been posted in several section of mud, and the seller is being swamped with calls.

VIN plate states: MFG date 1/05. That makes it and 05. Running VIN at Toyota.com does not show it to be VX or VRX. Rig was first order, sold and spent most of it's life in NJ, but seller claims no rust. Possible, but service history indicated exhaust has/had holes. That is not usually seen at this age, except on rusty rigs. I'd expect to see some rust or corrosion on bolt head in front of radiator, I can't.... Hummmmm

There is a bunch of red flags, so be careful. To be fair I've bought rigs with many red flags that just needed to be worked through.

Oh it was the 666th 2005 100 series built, spooky and it not even October.

Last edited:
Last edited:
Just curious if anyone take a look at this? Or maybe someone is driving her to new home :clap:

My assumption is this is just your normal US spec "Base" model 100 series. This does not look like a GCC (Middle East) 100 series. I say that because 1) no hood ornament or headlight washers, 2) no cyclonic airbox and 3) no sweet decals on the side and no actual VXR badge on the rear.

I'm going to go out on a limb and say that if this guy does have a thick accent as stated above, most likely he has lived in the Mid East before and is familiar with the models available over there and therefore called this a VXR due to it being a plush US spec 100 with leather.

Looks like a previous owner just pulled the running boards and roof rack and added front flaps.

Edit: No side marker lights either...
Edit #2: Speedo is in MPH, the Gulf countries use KPH... This is a US spec 100 Series.
See these links for a true GCC spec 100 Series: Link 1 and Link 2

Last edited:
Is that yours.. If that one's for sale I want it!
Whats GCC?

It was for sale last fall I believe, I took a few pics because I hadn't ever seen one like it. The current owner is local to me and agreed to sellit back to the dealer if he ever wanted to get rid of it. It is still in amazing shape!

Just curious if anyone take a look at this? Or maybe someone is driving her to new home :clap:

One of my friends contacted the seller as soon as I sent him the link, Not sure if he heard back, but he is suppose to let me know more details on it regardless if it already sold.

My assumption is this is just your normal US spec "Base" model 100 series. This does not look like a GCC (Middle East) 100 series. I say that because 1) no hood ornament or headlight washers, 2) no cyclonic airbox and 3) no sweet decals on the side and no actual VXR badge on the rear.

I'm going to go out on a limb and say that if this guy does have a thick accent as stated above, most likely he has lived in the Mid East before and is familiar with the models available over there and therefore called this a VXR due to it being a plush US spec 100 with leather.

Looks like a previous owner just pulled the running boards and roof rack and added front flaps.

Edit: No side marker lights either...[/QUO
If this is a 2005 Unicorn I'd like it for my collection!

But Watch out for this one guy's & gals. It's now been posted in several section of mud, and the seller is being swamped with calls.

VIN plate states: MFG date 1/05. That makes it and 05. Running VIN at Toyota.com does not show it to be VX or VRX. Rig was first order, sold and spent most of it's life in NJ, but seller claims no rust. Possible, but service history indicated exhaust has/had holes. That is not usually seen at this age, except on rusty rigs. I'd expect to see some rust or corrosion on bolt head in front of radiator, I can't.... Hummmmm

There is a bunch of red flags, so be careful. To be fair I've bought rigs with many red flags that just needed to be worked through.

Oh it was the 666th 2005 100 series built, spooky and it not even October.

The drivers side looks to have some shadowing indicating past body/paint work.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom