Counterfeit Toyota FIPG (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I wouldn't buy this stuff anywhere but a Toyota dealership at this point. This is what I just got from Amazon. Straight up printed ink jet label stuck to a tube of who knows what. It's pretty much impossible to find genuine parts online anymore, especially Toyota parts.

20221114_171748.jpg
20221114_171715.jpg

Last edited:
FIPG is one of those things that I feel is overkill to insist on Toyota brand. Permatex has been making plenty of different products used by professional mechanics for years. Pick the right product for the application and install accordingly. (and easily available anywhere) My .02.

I'm curious how good the Toyota FIPG is vs. other options without the confirmation bias of those that paid $200 $100 a tube for it. (Obviously its awesome but is it $180 $80 better...)

Aisin has its own branded FIPG for toyota coolant but a fraction of Toyota branded stuff. Just used it for mt 3VZ water pump/idler replacement.
Aisin FIPG Yotashop

Internet perusal brought up some coolant incompatibility between RTV and yota red/pink coolant that I couldn't shake the fear of so the Aisin stuff was my answer. Granted the coolant exposure failure for RTV was speculated at 4-7 years to leakage...

Other places (engine oil/gear oil) Right Stuff or regular RTV should be more than up to the task.

Last edited:
I'm curious how good the Toyota FIPG is vs. other options without the confirmation bias of those that paid $200 a tube for it. (Obviously its awesome but is it $180 better...)

Aisin has its own branded FIPG for toyota coolant but a fraction of Toyota branded stuff. Just used it for mt 3VZ water pump/idler replacement.
Aisin FIPG Yotashop

Internet perusal brought up some coolant incompatibility between RTV and yota red/pink coolant that I couldn't shake the fear of so the Aisin stuff was my answer. Granted the coolant exposure failure for RTV was speculated at 4-7 years to leakage...

Other places (engine oil/gear oil) Right Stuff or regular RTV should be more than up to the task.
First, I don't know if you were kidding on the $200/tube for FIPG, but the stuff is only $15 at a discount dealer, and it's a bigger tube than the AISIN. Second, I don't think FIPG was designed for coolant. I always thought it was to seal stuff that sees oil like transfercases, transmission and diffs.

First, I don't know if you were kidding on the $200/tube for FIPG, but the stuff is only $15 at a discount dealer, and it's a bigger tube than the AISIN. Second, I don't think FIPG was designed for coolant. I always thought it was to seal stuff that sees oil like transfercases, transmission and diffs.
Yeah it was an exaggeration by double... need more emoji's :lol: though the local Toyota dealership quoted nearly that much when I stopped in, don't know if the parts counter kid fat fingered quantity or if they're just doubling retail on it... I was out of there too fast to dig deeper.

Toyota 1282b for coolant is ~$100
Ebay 1282b

The $15-20 toyota stuff is for gear and motor oils.

(Edited original for posterity)

Last edited:
ive pretty much gone away from fipg. The Right Stuff is about the best stuff I've used. the aerosol dispenser is so much more convenient.
This. The right stuff will glue the part on so well, you'll wish you used something else when you try to take it apart. But you will regret not using the right stuff if it leaks. You damn near dont even need hardware with the right stuff. Engine oil, coolant, gear oil. Use it for everything. And the 1 minute set up, immediately return to service is legit.

Last edited:
I cannot recommend right stuff enough.

Kohler command engines, one of the best Kohler motors ever built doesn't use a sump aka oil pan gasket, only sealer. If cleaned and applied properly right stuff will be leak free for the life of the motor. We've sealed hundreds, if not thousands of these in 20 years. Along with similar number Honda/Briggs valve covers.

But the aresol tube will likely dry and harden before you use it all.

I ended up using the aisin fipg that I had left over from my 100 series coolant pipe connection. I used it for the oil pan and timing cover on a 99 corolla that I put new rings on. No leaks so far but time will tell. It claims it can be used for coolant and oil. I've never had an issue with (genuine) Toyota 103 FIPG so I will continue to use it as well. The Toyota product 1282B for coolant is the one that has the ridiculous price ($50-$100 a tube) which is why I had bought the Aisin instead.

aisin fipg.jpg

toyota 1282b.jpg

Last edited:
That is very interesting. I am subscribed to that channel but had not seen that episode. Here is the breakdown of the results first to last place.

fipg test.png

That is very interesting. I am subscribed to that channel but had not seen that episode. Here is the breakdown of the results first to last place.

View attachment 3178984

can you make a update ?

was the 00295-00103 black FIPG in the end counterfeit ?

i re read the entire thread and it seams it was

i recently got burned hard on AMAZON counterfeit DENSO first time fit parts is why i ask

it took me charging back my CC to make it right in the end ,

AMAZAN BLOWS PERIOD !

i does not sup[rise me at all

thanks

can you make a update ?

was the 00295-00103 black FIPG in the end counterfeit?
Based on the packaging, I think it is obvious but I didn't test it to find out.
I was passed my return window but was able to get a refund after chatting with Amazon support. I told them that selling counterfeit items was illegal regardless of going past the return window by a couple of weeks and I was sure they wanted the item back so their fraud department could investigate.

Based on the packaging, I think it is obvious but I didn't test it to find out.
I was passed my return window but was able to get a refund after chatting with Amazon support. I told them that selling counterfeit items was illegal regardless of going past the return window by a couple of weeks and I was sure they wanted the item back so their fraud department could investigate.

thanks for the update

my amazon crap DENSO parts fell under there too long to return time window as well , hence reason i had to do a CC charge back

i won , it was obvious too , there fake

kindly matt

Anyone have an update on this? I just received an order from a Toyota dealer and the tubes look just like the original post.

$20 Aisin sealant has been in place a year and a few thousand miles. All good 👍

perhaps they just changed their labeling ?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom