Corona be damned, I’m back with an 80! (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I’ve wanted another cruiser for a while now and was pretty set on a 70 series in some form, but I found a low mile, rust free FJ80 I couldnt pass up. It’s good to be back. It’s a 91’ and probably won’t see much as far as a “build”, but I may change my mind in a few months. I’ll get her cleaned up, address any issues and go from there.
650CE4BA-4980-4B1E-9036-1795365D9C6F.jpeg

As of 21APR20:
7E76030B-75B3-42CD-98D6-06925EDEC344.jpeg

03MAY20
274AEB57-73DB-47C3-A385-49FB35C43CDA.jpeg

Last edited:
That is a nice looking 80!

The white ones always look good! What kind of front bumper is that?

To me, there is no better looking car on the road than a white cruiser, any year...

I wouldn’t have chosen the bumper, but the stock one has minor damage so the dealer put this TJM on it, actually looks pretty decent though.

This was a pretty clean truck from the start with only 160k, but I’m giving it a full interior disassembly, clean, and some serious hours of elbow grease on the paint this week. Once I’m done with the full clean up I’ll post some more pictures for those that like to see these in stock form. From the spots I’ve clayed, i think it’s going to look far better than average for its age.

Before throwing any money on refurbishment parts, I wanted to get a clean bill of health. If anyone is passing through North Alabama, look up Rocket City Cruisers on here or Facebook, Rory will get you set up, and fills a nice niche for the area.

Anyhow, he did a valve adjustment for me, and Corona’s 3FE is running great, so I’ll move on with some new parts to freshen her up soon.

I don’t think I’ve ever gotten a 30 year old car with original paint to shine like this before. I might have to buy another beater to wheel!
457F2375-AF7E-4C09-8BD9-2AF30535BCD3.jpeg

CD1246A5-ADAB-42F8-9162-5688BA5A7A26.jpeg

Nice looking 80! Glad you're back!

This ended up being a great time killer for a telework/school situation separated from family. No way my wife would put up with this crap. Anyways, I went a little overboard on the interior but it turned out great. Got all non-factory wiring gutted as part of my “baseline” to include a ridiculous amount of Toyota phone wiring from 1991. Hope everyone else is staying occupied and healthy.
5036A2A6-B754-476E-8A6D-BA7D0C40F963.jpeg
9AD1A1DE-F8AA-45E5-80D3-CC47208CFA83.jpeg
39A64669-A11B-4C98-8E70-CF9D58CF9324.jpeg

By the way, can anyone confirm what these holes to the left and right of the steering column are for, and what belongs there? I’m thinking hand throttle on the right, unsure of left, if a cover of some sort can you point me in the right direction so I can source them? Thanks!
B4047CAD-444A-41D4-AD9D-C6CF74D47B68.jpeg
5E7EC5A1-6E47-475C-8E98-5BEE9C1AD5BB.jpeg

And if someone wants to trade a non winch ARB for this winch capable TJM hit me up!😂

By the way, can anyone confirm what these holes to the left and right of the steering column are for, and what belongs there? I’m thinking hand throttle on the right, unsure of left, if a cover of some sort can you point me in the right direction so I can source them? Thanks!
View attachment 2253807View attachment 2253808

And if someone wants to trade a non winch ARB for this winch capable TJM hit me up!😂
The one in left of steering column, a plug/cover belongs there... The one on right, you can add a oem hand throttle cable too..

The one in left of steering column, a plug/cover belongs there... The one on right, you can add a oem hand throttle cable too..

Thanks, I appreciate it man. I’ll look up the plug. I can’t help but wonder why it’s there there though, surely there was a reason for the hole.

Thanks, I appreciate it man. I’ll look up the plug. I can’t help but wonder why it’s there there though, surely there was a reason for the hole.

Long ago an aftermarket alarm? The hole for the flashing light when armed is my guess.

Cheers

I'm feelin the cruiser JML I too picked up an 80 series just before this thing blew up,.,.flew to motor city and drove it home to NY, your is in infinitely better shape than mine, I just got LC toolkit in the mail today to remove my spare,.,.MAAAN that thing wont budge, more rust ! Your attention to detail is amazing great job on the wiring job. Anyway cruiser looks super clean my friend!
Cheers!
Al

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom